RX 6900 XT stock?

danmit

Bronze Level Poster
So after amending my order to a 6900 XT on the 31/12 and then speaking to a staff member on Live Chat yesterday morning i was told that there was enough GPU’s to fulfil my order and it should be completed in the usual 16-18 working days. But then i received an email an hour a go saying that 6900 XT’s were out of stock and would be allocated to my order when they were in stock. So who is telling the correct information? Live Chat or the email from customer services? Any mods or staff members able to reply to this?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
So after amending my order to a 6900 XT on the 31/12 and then speaking to a staff member on Live Chat yesterday morning i was told that there was enough GPU’s to fulfil my order and it should be completed in the usual 16-18 working days. But then i received an email an hour a go saying that 6900 XT’s were out of stock and would be allocated to my order when they were in stock. So who is telling the correct information? Live Chat or the email from customer services? Any mods or staff members able to reply to this?
I would suspect that many people are switching at the moment. I know that @Ghosthud has said already the orders are processed in the order they are received, so if several people who ordered before you choose to switch after you they will get the few 6900s PCS have.

danmit

Bronze Level Poster
I would suspect that many people are switching at the moment. I know that @Ghosthud has said already the orders are processed in the order they are received, so if several people who ordered before you choose to switch after you they will get the few 6900s PCS have.
But surely gpu’s should be allocated to orders when they’re selected? If other people choose to switch after someone else then surely that should be a separate queue? You don’t hold back stock just incase people decide to switch. If it’s the way you say then that means my order was ignored so that the GPU could be allocated to someone else instead at a later time.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
But surely gpu’s should be allocated to orders when they’re selected? If other people choose to switch after someone else then surely that should be a separate queue? You don’t hold back stock just incase people decide to switch.
They're not holding back stocks. Assume the is one 6900 in stock and you call and switch to it. Ten minutes later someone else who ordered well before you also decides to switch - they will get it instead.

danmit

Bronze Level Poster
They're not holding back stocks. Assume the is one 6900 in stock and you call and switch to it. Ten minutes later someone else who ordered well before you also decides to switch - they will get it instead.
But the item should be allocated when I switched, Not “ 10 mins “ later on the chance someone else wanted it. To be told one day that my order should be completed within the standard time and then 24hrs later be told by a different member of staff that now an item in my order is out of stock is just supplying misinformation.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
But the item should be allocated when I switched, Not “ 10 mins “ later on the chance someone else wanted it. To be told one day that my order should be completed within the standard time and then 24hrs later be told by a different member of staff that now an item in my order is out of stock is just supplying misinformation.
Orders are processed in the order they're received. That's the only fair way.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This is what @Ghosthud said here in reference to this situation on 3080's (but the same applies to all components)...

<snip>

These cards are allocated per position in the build queue. If someone had selected the standard 3080 and made the switch to a STRIX knowing these are in stock they will be entitled to one first. This is based off of current wait time and position in the build queue.

<snip>

As an example you could have a customer who has been waiting 40 working days with a standard 3080, it hasn’t shown up, they are informed that the STRIX has arrived, you could be someone who has ordered the STRIX and waited 25 working days and theoretically could have a viable build ready to go, but we would always give priority to the oldest order if they wish to make a change.