Ryzen 5900X Price

steaky360

Thanks for the basics of capitalism. Does that not apply to the 3080 then which has been in short supply for longer?
Yes it does, you can see this because the price for the card at many outlets went up compared to the release day pricing...

I've not tracked the price at which PCS offers the card but wouldn't be too surprised if its risen also.

grrrrrowl

Yes it does, you can see this because the price for the card at many outlets went up compared to the release day pricing...

I've not tracked the price at which PCS offers the card but wouldn't be too surprised if its risen also.
Not to the point where it is anywhere close to their flagship product is the point I am making. Anyways, not here for an argument. Just wanted to make people aware :)

steaky360

Not to the point where it is anywhere close to their flagship product is the point I am making. Anyways, not here for an argument. Just wanted to make people aware :)
Its certainly info to have to hand, although it could all change tomorrow if the purchasing costs for the 5900x drop (or go up :unsure:).

Prices are pretty volatile so it should always be checked on the day of purchase.

MrWilson

Godlike
Prices go up and down A LOT. Back in mid-December 5800x was in short supply and prices rocketed, at one point it was only £45 cheaper than the 5900x. Now it seems to be in large supply, even available on other retail sites at around MSRP.

One thing that I learned recently is that when you get a quote for your build, PCS honours that price for 5 days. So if you see the prices drop and are contemplating buying, get that quote so you can mull it over without worrying about a price hike.