Ryzen 7 5800x vs Ryzen 9 5900x price difference £60?

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
Sounds about right. The only reason I didn't order one on my order was I thought they were still in short supply and the 5900x was showing as 'Pre-Order' and the 5800x as 'In Stock'. When someone who ordered a 5900x/RTX3090 only 10 days before me got their 'Building' notification I realised that PCS must have got a big delivery in clearing the backlog, so I amended my order from a 5800x to a 5900x and IIRC it only added about £60-£100 to the cost. (Can't be 100% sure because I amended another component at the same time)

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
It’s currently a £90 difference for me. Although swapping from the 5800X to 5900X would mean you’d want to upgrade from the TUF X570 to the STRIX X570 for the better VRM’s. The difference of that is another £57 currently. Then there’s CPU cooler but we won’t get into that too😂
So the 'Standard'AMD cooler' isn't good enough?? :unsure: :unsure: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thats what I've ordered for my 5800X since amended to 5900x........as a placeholder in the configurator to get the order processed. I fully intend to immediately swap it out for a 360mm AIO. :D

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So the 'Standard'AMD cooler' isn't good enough?? :unsure: :unsure: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thats what I've ordered for my 5800X since amended to 5900x........as a placeholder in the configurator to get the order processed. I fully intend to immediately swap it out for a 360mm AIO. :D
The 5800X and 5900X actually don't come with coolers from AMD. I imagine PCS probably have a cooler they use. It'd be interesting to see what cooler that is. As long as it pases testing you should be fine as you're planning to swap it as soon as you recieve it.

The cooler comment I had in mind was more about A Cooler Master 240 AIO is fine for a 5800X but I'd recommend stepping up to a Corsair cooler for the 5900X.

Ash_

Master Poster
Wow it was £350 between them last i checked. As @JUNI0R said though, you then need to take other things into account, like board, AIO, case, fans etc. Even with a £60 price difference, you could easily see £70 more on AIO, £60 on fans and £50 on the motherboard. Will you see a return on the extra cores? If you can’t cool it enough... lower clock speeds etc.