Ryzen 9 3950x idle temperature.

Hi.

I`ve just got my new pc, but I have a little problem with the CPU temps. In idle its constantly between 49-57 Celsius. Is it a problem? According to the "Ryzen Master" the temperature is 47.78 Celsius while the Peak Speed never go below 1.2 GHz.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    903.7 KB · Views: 406

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi.

I`ve just got my new pc, but I have a little problem with the CPU temps. In idle its constantly between 49-57 Celsius. Is it a problem? According to the "Ryzen Master" the temperature is 47.78 Celsius while the Peak Speed never go below 1.2 GHz.
If you've only just set it up then I doubt it's actually idle, there's probably a lot going on in the background with indexxing and updates etc, so the CPU is probably fairly utilised? You can check that in task manager, see if there's a process that's using it.

Even if I close all the tasks the temperature never goes below 45 Celsius. I`ve tried to clean Windows, but its the same.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Even if I close all the tasks the temperature never goes below 45 Celsius. I`ve tried to clean Windows, but its the same.
You won't be able to close the system tasks, you have no control over them.

The only way to make sure it's idle is to monitor CPU usage as suggested previously.

Can you post your full specs from the order page so we can see what we're dealing with?

Sorry for the late reply.
Ive checked the system in some games. The CPU was standing around 60-65 C while the GPU went up `till 78-79 C. When I tried out Prime95 I had to stop it after 2min because the CPU heated up to 94 C.
CaseTHERMALTAKE V200 TEMPERED GLASS RGB EDITION GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPUOverclocked AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core (3.5GHz @ up to 4.3GHz)
MotherboardASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card11GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive1TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
2nd Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H100i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That cooler is nowhere near enough for the processor I’m afraid.

The case isn’t suitable either.

Slow SSD

In short the build is poorly designed and won’t perform well at all.

Oh dear god :( What shall I do now ? When ever I tried to choose different coolers the system were kept saying that they not gonna fit in to the case.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, its my bad. I guess that's gonna be a good lesson for me. Are there any alternatives for the cooler ?
You'd need a H115i Platinum as a minimum, H150i Pro recommended.

The case would need changing in any event, the build will burn up within 6 months in that case.

TBH, the motherboard isn't really suitable either.

I think you need to see if you can return it and get some advice on something more suitable.

It would take about £600 - 700 to make that build suitable.

Crawfo

You'd need a H115i Platinum as a minimum, H150i Pro recommended.

The case would need changing in any event, the build will burn up within 6 months in that case.

TBH, the motherboard isn't really suitable either.

I think you need to see if you can return it and get some advice on something more suitable.

It would take about £600 - 700 to make that build suitable.

Sorry to jump in but out of interest, why is the MB not suitable in this instance?