Safe CPU Temps

Ash

Extremely happy with my Ultranote II. One thing I'm worried about is the temps of the hardware. Every so often the fans will go on full blast for a minute or so.

CPUtemps_zps631944e7.png

Are these safe? I read that they're safe up to 90-100 degrees but I'm not too sure.

mrducking

Bright Spark
you are fine, though considering you get this kind of temps your point of worry should be around 80-85ºC if you reach that then you should clean it or whatever, specially considering you get 70 tops now, thats an amazing temp for a laptop

Ash

Ok that's good. I think its the sound of the fan going mental that worried me most.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The way the fans operate is controlled by one of the power options in Windows. Open the power options and scroll down to Processor power management and expand it. In there you'll see an entry called System cooling policy. There is an entry for on battery and plugged in, the choices are active and passive.

Active (the best setting for plugged in) means when the CPU gets hot increase the fan speed before slowing the processor.

Passive (the best setting for on battery) means when the CPU gets hot slow the processor before increasing the fan speed.

So, assuming you're plugged in and active is set as the cooling policy, you will hear the fans speeding up occasionally as the CPU warms. If that annoys you switching to a passive policy will reduce the fan noise but at the expense of CPU performance.