Saints row 3.... gameplay footage!!!!!!!

SrgColman

Enthusiast
That's it... GTA-ish games just blew it. This is more than I can handle. Aren't you freaking tired? I Know, I know, it's cool being able to just do whatever you want, but I'm sick of this gratuitious violence.

I can understand violence to tell a story, I truly do, because life is not just a road of honey, sugar and lollipops. Life is a heartless, cruel mistress, but does that freaking mean you are entitled to go around in a damn videogame OBLITERATING pedestrian with giant fists just for the sake of doing it.

It's not that they give you the freedom of doing whatever you want, it's that they are encouraging the player to behave like that ingame by showing it in a video: "Hey! look, isn't it funny? I can hit a *****, blow up a homeless guy, and ATTACK THEM WITH A GIANT, PURPLE, FREAKING, DILDO."

I used to have some respect for Volition and THQ, I even bought and played Saints Row 1 and 2, but this is too much even for me. Way to promote your game, what are you, 14? Are we back in 1997 and Carmageddon is the coolest game around?

Screw this, I was having a fine, awesome day.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
In my opinion I cant wait for it! I loved both Saints Row 1 and 2 and I feel they have taken Saints Row 3 in a nice direction. I feel Rockstar spent so much effort making GTA4 look good and stand out from the previous GTA's that they forgot what made them fun to play, which is the ability to fool around and Saints Row has always just felt that little bit more special to me. But each to there own, everyone has different opinions and like different games.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I have SR2 on my Steam...I think Yahtzee told me to buy it ages ago :)

Is it any good? I was a GTA/GTA2 Vet (gogo Playstation!), but lost touch when I didnt have a latest console, and to be honest, a bit like Colman, I sort of outgrew the complete violence/gang based stuff.

Maybe I should install SR2 (not like it'll cost me owt now!) and see whats what (I won't by the way...too lazy, but sounded positive!)

JSG10

Expert
This looks crap... have to say I agree with Colman for the most part. Its just bordering on the ridiculous. What exactly is the aim of the game here? Just to blow everything up and attack everyone? Looks pretty lame.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
In my opinion I cant wait for it! I loved both Saints Row 1 and 2 and I feel they have taken Saints Row 3 in a nice direction. I feel Rockstar spent so much effort making GTA4 look good and stand out from the previous GTA's that they forgot what made them fun to play, which is the ability to fool around and Saints Row has always just felt that little bit more special to me. But each to there own, everyone has different opinions and like different games.

2222325.jpg

I loved the over the top story of saints row 2 (never played the first one)... the only thing that let it down was the constant sidequest grinding to get access to the next story mission ;(... Luckily the side quests were fun :p

I'm loving the freedom in the new one... and just cos you can go around hitting people with over the top sex objects, doesnt mean you have to ?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
the whole point is just an all out open world game, tbh id prefer it if they didnt have proper campaigns on games like this, just pure free play it would then include more things to joke around with

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I have SR2 on my Steam...I think Yahtzee told me to buy it ages ago :)

Is it any good? I was a GTA/GTA2 Vet (gogo Playstation!), but lost touch when I didnt have a latest console, and to be honest, a bit like Colman, I sort of outgrew the complete violence/gang based stuff.

Maybe I should install SR2 (not like it'll cost me owt now!) and see whats what (I won't by the way...too lazy, but sounded positive!)

I think you should play it, it has an overall high rating, and although ratings stand for nothing when it comes down to it, it atleast puts the percentage higher that you're more likely to enjoy it then not ;)

I think I may have to replay Saints Row 2 again as well now.

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Looks like fun to me; and will stop me getting arrested er....again for any great big purple dildo pedestrian ownage. :) They are all gonna be the same sort of thing the saints row games, and as long as they have improved the driving, which it looks like they have, it will be worth a pop. Some of it will get old quickly but there is so much crap to play around with (literally in the last one) that you dont get bored for long.