Samsung 980 Pro M.2 (500GB) - Prices Query

• Thread starter Deleted member 17413
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17413

I was looking at the prices on these and through PCS it would cost £150.

From places like Amazon, Scan, Ebuyer its all significantly less... £125 or under... £109 from OverClockers was the cheapest I found so far.
Whats even stranger is if you I spec it in a new build, the same drive through PCS only adds £136 to the price...

Im confused, I wouldnt of expected PCS to be more expensive, and even if it were, I dont understand how its more expensive to get a single ccomponent sent to you than it would be as part of a new build, where someone is actually installing it for you.

Any idea whats going on?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was looking at the prices on these and through PCS it would cost £150.

From places like Amazon, Scan, Ebuyer its all significantly less... £125 or under... £109 from OverClockers was the cheapest I found so far.
Whats even stranger is if you I spec it in a new build, the same drive through PCS only adds £136 to the price...

Im confused, I wouldnt of expected PCS to be more expensive, and even if it were, I dont understand how its more expensive to get a single ccomponent sent to you than it would be as part of a new build, where someone is actually installing it for you.

Any idea whats going on?
That is odd, I misunderstood what you were saying at first.

I’ll verify this and raise it with the admins, it’s possible there’s a bug in the configurator.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ah, I suddenly thought what this may be.

There is a bug currently in the configurator which is definitely affecting order amendments, and I wonder if it's affecting upgrades as well.

On order amendments it was adding an extra £18 or something to the windows license.

Are you just doing an upgrade for an individual component?

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
On order amendments it was adding an extra £18 or something to the windows license.
We had an issue similar to this when someone was amending their spec on the PCS Discord the other day. They wanted to upgrade to the Silver Warranty and the configurator was trying to charge them £17 for it!

D

Deleted member 17413

I was looking at upgrades and just the single item yes, tried it as a replacement for the currently listed item, and also tried it in the 2nd M.2 slot so its a "fresh" item rather than replacing an existing component.
Both show £125/£150 inc VAT.

Kinda wondered if maybe the price had been put in already including VAT, and then the configurator was adding VAT again as a 20% on top.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was looking at upgrades and just the single item yes, tried it as a replacement for the currently listed item, and also tried it in the 2nd M.2 slot so its a "fresh" item rather than replacing an existing component.
Both show £125/£150 inc VAT.

Kinda wondered if maybe the price had been put in already including VAT, and then the configurator was adding VAT again as a 20% on top.
We had an issue similar to this when someone was amending their spec on the PCS Discord the other day. They wanted to upgrade to the Silver Warranty and the configurator was trying to charge them £17 for it!
There’s definitely some odd addition entering the equation that shouldn’t be there I’m guessing.

I’ll raise it with @moosEh see if they can shed any light on it.

Thanks for picking up on it 👍🏼

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Yeah... that is odd! Well spotted and I’d be interested to see what’s caused it.

It must just be a software blip, it’d be a bit brazen if someone was trying to skim a little money off the top with that method. Besides, there’s other ways!

75CC341A-264E-43AE-A1F7-F8345B23A3E7.jpeg

D

Deleted member 17413

I dont think anyone is up to stuff lol

I just think theres been an incorrect figure put in somewhere, or perhaps PCS just arent as competitive on that item/more expensive supplier?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I dont think anyone is up to stuff lol

I just think theres been an incorrect figure put in somewhere, or perhaps PCS just arent as competitive on that item/more expensive supplier?
I was merely jesting, but I’m with you on this. Is it some kind of bizarre algorithm error that’s causing random price spikes around the eighteen pound mark on certain things? Very curious.

Ash_

Master Poster
I believe that is PCS’s pricing for the 980 pro (i made a post before, about it’s price against the firecuda), new or upgrade... £150 for 500GB - which unfortunately is highly uncompetitive - i paid like £100 for one.

avnpir

Bronze Level Poster
Hi, I updated to a wireless INTEL, fresh 500gb Samsung 980 pro, changed my Memory from 32gb (4*8) to 32gb 2 *16 and paid £154

D

Deleted member 17413

Looks like its been sorted, showing as £115 (£138 inc VAT).
Im still gonna try elsewhere for it as a mini upgrade... Amazon have got their spring sale on...

Ash_

Master Poster
Looks like its been sorted, showing as £115 (£138 inc VAT).
Im still gonna try elsewhere for it as a mini upgrade... Amazon have got their spring sale on...
I think i grabbed one for like £100. Best thing to do is add it to a build on pcpartpicker and regularly check it. There’s always bargains around.

Edit: just looked... they are on sale lol... under £100