Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Decided I couldn't wait any longer so ordered this yesterday & the local DPD guy delivered it this afternoon, just transferring everything over from the LG V50 now 😁

1619800963543.jpeg

1619800997952.jpeg

1619801038786.jpeg

1619801066852.jpeg

D

Deleted member 17413

When you've stopped folding it in half, and unfolding it again....What does it do when you turn it on?

D

Deleted member 17413

I think he's turned it on, and now sat seeing how close he can fold it together without the screen turning off.
Wont make his first phone call on it for weeks yet...

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think he's turned it on, and now sat seeing how close he can fold it together without the screen turning off.
Wont make his first phone call on it for weeks yet...
Got to wait till Tuesday for my number to transfer over, and it turns off on the middle screen when they are a couple of mm apart (from what i saw on you tube), can have 3 apps open on the main screen at any time, with another 5 in pop up mode, I take some more photos with it fired up

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Got to wait till Tuesday for my number to transfer over, and it turns off on the middle screen when they are a couple of mm apart (from what i saw on you tube), can have 3 apps open on the main screen at any time, with another 5 in pop up mode, I take some more photos with it fired up
I've heard the support for apps is far better than on any other foldable, which would make sense as samsung have some serious cash they can throw at development.

Very excited for you!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Nice man! Just a bit afraid for that screen and the sign it leaves at center after a while when closing and opening the phone
Cheers @AleTax , they've done a lot of improvement since the original fold,, you hardly notice it in use, ok you can feel it when swiping over it, and the only time you really see it is on dark backgrounds

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I know by just looking at that spartaM&M cannot afford it, for I am a warrior of thrift

Discount GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY
Well lets just say, could probably build a 1440p system (less monitor), for what it would cost to buy outright....................

Everything displays buttery smooth on the 120 Hz main screen 😁

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've just pre ordered the Z Fold 3, expected to release on 27th August, very excited!

Have been on iPhones since 2016 so this will be a really nice change.

It's not a huge change from the 2, they've reworked the hinge quite a bit and made it "water resistant" not that I put any stock in any phone being water resistant and is certainly not anything that interests me, but the hinge itself looks quite impressively done, although the 2 was very impressive anyway.

Under display front camera which is nice, but we'll see how it performs in real life.

Other than that it's just current gen SOC processor, same internal screen, but this time the external screen is also 120Hz vs the 2's 60Hz, but again, not sure how relevant that really is. I'm hoping you can set the refresh rate in software options, as I'd rather take the battery life than 120Hz on the external screen. Same RAM, option of 512Gb storage, but I stuck with the 256Gb as don't really use on board. 100mAh less battery which is surprising, but I wonder if this model has an updated 5G chip which uses less juice as I know the early 5G chips were quite hungry.

Other than that though, it's exactly the same.

How are you finding yours @Martinr36 now you've had it 6 months? Hows the battery life?

Ironically, given how expensive this phone is, I'm only paying £4 more than I did with my iPhone XS Max which was over £400 cheaper, simply because I've moved provider and now working from home, I don't need unlimited data. Win win

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm loving mine, battery life is good, I'm sure you'll be able to knock that front screen back to 60 if you want, as you can do similar with the main screen on the 2

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm loving mine, battery life is good, I'm sure you'll be able to knock that front screen back to 60 if you want, as you can do similar with the main screen on the 2
i'm so looking forward to it, samsung are drfinitely leading the way in foldables both in hardware and software.

Microsoft are releasing a surface duo 2 next month but its just a specs bump and still 2 separate screens, plus tge software support just isnt there yet. Unless apple have something up their sleeve for their september iphone releases, tgere is no other equal competition to the fold aside from the huwaei / xiaomi

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
i'm so looking forward to it, samsung are drfinitely leading the way in foldables both in hardware and software.

Microsoft are releasing a surface duo 2 next month but its just a specs bump and still 2 separate screens, plus tge software support just isnt there yet. Unless apple have something up their sleeve for their september iphone releases, tgere is no other equal competition to the fold aside from the huwaei / xiaomi
Yeah a friend of mine has decided she's going to get one as well, they certainly looking very popular, as for the huwaei / xiaomi you don't really hear a lot about them