Samsung S24B150BL

Gyro1780

Hi

I bought a new PC recently & chose the Samsung S24B150BL monitor. I'm really disappointed with the picture quality as it's not what i expected. Firstly the monitor's base doesn't move so i'm unable to set it at the right angle but the main problem is the picture is far too bright. The blacks looks like grey & no matter how much i adjust the settings i cannot get it to look anywhere near what i expected. If i reduce the brightness then the colour looks faded & dull. I've tried several times using the calibration set up in Windows 7 & it's still far too bright. I have it connected to my PC by a DVI cable (which i had to buy as the monitor does not come with one from new). My question is does anyone here have any picture settings they could share with me for this type of monitor or does anyone have any ideas so i can sort out this problem?

Thanks a lot.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Monitors are a very subjective component, I upgraded from an ancient 19 inch display to a modern one and initially the image did look very bright but you get used to it.

Do you suspect its faulty or just not the correct monitor for you?

Gyro1780

Monitors are a very subjective component, I upgraded from an ancient 19 inch display to a modern one and initially the image did look very bright but you get used to it.

Do you suspect its faulty or just not the correct monitor for you?

Thank you for your reply. No the monitor works fine & as it should do. It's just very bright & i cannot set the brightness correctly without the colour looking dull & faded. It's either perfect colour/contrast & too bright or good brightness but faded colour/contrast.