Screenshot desktop background

crisis uk

Silver Level Poster
I wanted to take some screen shots of certain games i was playing to use as desktop background but when i tried to paste them into paint all that appeared was just a giant black square...nothing else.

Anybody have any idea why this is happening? Should i be using something other than paint or is it because the screenshot button doesnt work when in games?

I play at 2560x1440 if that is of any importance.

Rakk

The Awesome
Should i be using something other than paint or is it because the screenshot button doesnt work when in games?
Paint should be perfectly fine, it works for me when I use the PrintScreen button, though some games (and Steam) do have a screenshot button which will automatically save it for you anyways, so Paint (or other program) is not required

steaky360

Arkham City does run through steam (I understand its a GFWL game but the Steam client works with it). If yours is stand alone, just "add a non steam game" to steam and that should allow you to use the steam overlay, which I think lets you take screenshots :)

crisis uk

Silver Level Poster
I'll have to add it to steam when i get in and try their screenshot system. Just want to use some of the unlockable artwork as a desktop background

crisis uk

Silver Level Poster
I managed to get it working lol. I ended up using FRAPS to take a screenshot

Here's my desktop now:

desktop.jpg