Second HDD

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
So because of Steam, I am constantly battling to keep some space in my hard drive. Somehow the 1TB just vanishes and I am loathe to uninstall certain things. As more of these are added, I struggle to have more than 200GB free, and often hover more around 100GB (or less!).

One idea was to replace my hard drive with a bigger one, but my only issue there is having to move everything from one to the other...zzzzzzz.

So my other idea was to get another hard drive to go along with the current one.

I suppose my question is what kind of things should I be aware of when doing this? I am pretty sure I should have space enough for another drive, so just wondering how exactly it works having 2 hard drives/where stuff should go etc...basically being as clueless as always :D

Cheers

DED

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
There is a steam mover software that can move all games to a new disk without them being broken. The other solution if I remember correctly is copy them to the new hard drive, register the folder you put them in on Steam and then validate files, it should then register the game being there although not all of them worked for me.

The size of my games folder currently:
games.png

Will likely need another 2TB soon, so that will be 6TB storage soon xD. Not to mention the near 3TB on my laptop being nowhere near enough :(

As for your own dilemma, the hard drive will need a power cable and a SATA cable connected to it. The power cables for hard drives are daisy chained into a single cable and mine were already there (although securely cable-tied) and you should have received some spare SATA cables with the PC. If not they go for next to nothing on ebay or you can ask PCS for some of them fancy black and white ones.

Last edited: