Selling Laptop - Need Pricing Help

kieosb

This is my build, I would like to know how much you guys think I could get for it now, thank you in advance.

Vortex III Elite

Chassis & Display
Vortex Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Extreme i7-3940XM (3.00GHz) 8MB
Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (4 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
2 x NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680M - 4.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
1st Hard Disk
240GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD7500BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio + SPDIF/MIC/Headphone Jack
Wireless/Wired Networking
GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ 1202 WIRELESS GAMING 802.11N + BLUETOOTH 4.0

keynes

Multiverse Poster
It is difficult to give advice or comment on 2nd hand components. You could look for a similar spec on eBay or listed it to see how much you can for it on auction

kieosb

Had a look on ebay and can't see any of a similar spec really as they all seem to only have one graphics card in them.

I would like to get about £1300 for it if possible. Do you think this is very unlikely?

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Had a look on ebay and can't see any of a similar spec really as they all seem to only have one graphics card in them

That's unlucky. The spec you posted is very high end, the issue I would have is that I wouldn't spend more than £500/£600 on a second hand laptop that doesn't have any warranty on components anymore, the longest warranty on parts is gold and that's 2 years which I assume you may be out of. I would also be concern about the quality of the compoents such as the gpu (was it overclocked?) which I am sure it is not the case with your laptop but I am pretty risk averse. The most helpful advice in my opinion would be someone that is willing to buy your laptop and offer an idea of how much they are willing to pay for it but I doubt you will get it here. Good luck anyway!

kieosb

It still has labour but no not parts, nah it's not overclocked it is standard as it came.

Okay then, thank you for the advice.

Wish I got a desktop first now instead of a laptop haha, much cheaper for the power

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Sadly your problem is that you're selling a very high-spec laptop, so your marketplace (ie. someone with £1300 to spend) would probably prefer to buy a slightly lower spec but new laptop and get all the warranties and new components. I suspect your target market is going to be those who want a high-spec laptop but will never be able to afford one, so I agree with keynes that £600 to £800 is the best you can probably expect to get. Advertise it for £800 and see what responses you get, then slowly drop the price until you get a bite.

Androcles

Rising Star
I agree with Keynes and Ubusya, when selling second hand PC's and Laptops you have to understand that people buying second hand are usually doing so because they can't afford new, and thus your range of prices they're willing to pay drastically drops, I personally would never pay any more than £500 for a second hand laptop or any more than £300 for a second hand PC, so yeah between £600 and £800 is probably about the best you would get unless you're very lucky.

Stressed

Silver Level Poster
It's a very nice laptop, especially because of the SLI.

I am currently looking to buy a gaming laptop actually.
Although yours is a beast - I wouldn't really part £1300 for it. I would much rather pay for a new one at this price that features the gtx 970m instead and the reassurance that if anything breaks, I still have a long warranty I can rely on. Also.. a new machine is a new machine.

I recommend going on ebay for bids. To be fair, January and February is a tough period to sell stuff as most people are selling unwanted gifts and things are discounted.

I see that even PCS is doing some slight discounts this month.

Stressed

Silver Level Poster
Untitled.png

This?

Not sure what it actually means tbh. :>

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
I think that just means that their prices are always low regardless. I haven't noticed any items being particular cheaper.

steaky360

I'd agree with Slim, its simply saying they are consistently cheap during the 'January sales period' rather than offering 'gimmicks'.