Selling my pc

closetchimp

Bronze Level Poster
I am about to purchase a new pc from pcs and I will be selling my old one I purchased from them nearly 4 years ago soon.
I obviously want to let it go in a as new state... But I'm not sure about the whole reinstalling windows procedure.
I known there is a reset your pc option within windows 10 can I just use this instead of doing a fresh install.

And if I can will I have to reinstall all of the gpu drivers etc or is that automatic.

Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I am about to purchase a new pc from pcs and I will be selling my old one I purchased from them nearly 4 years ago soon.
I obviously want to let it go in a as new state... But I'm not sure about the whole reinstalling windows procedure.
I known there is a reset your pc option within windows 10 can I just use this instead of doing a fresh install.

And if I can will I have to reinstall all of the gpu drivers etc or is that automatic.

Thanks

Firstly, If you have a secondary drive, I would manually wipe this with CCleaner which has an option to do 7 passes of the data wipe (this is a high security data wipe)

Yes, if you choose the "Remove Everything" from reset pc, this will wipe it clean ready for the next user. You don't need to do anything further, once it reboots, turn if off and it's ready for the next user.