Semi-new PC Blue-Screening

Richo

Howdy!
I've had my PC for just under a year now and most things seem to be running great, however there is a few issues that I've had since almost day one that I have not been able to clear up either over the telephone or when looking at people with similar issues online.
First and foremost, my PC doesn't always boot up after a restart. It seems to turn on, but I get no output to the monitor what-so-ever. This isn't a major issues, but something that can be rather annoying when it comes to stuff like Windows Updates, knowing I can't simply click the "Restart Now" button as my computer won't.
Secondly, Blue Screens. I first noticed this several months ago and I've been in contact with the customer support via the phone upon several occasions about this, and each one of the guys seemed to think it was something different, all-in-all I've tried every thing that was suggested and none of them have worked.
- Updated Drivers, including doing a complete re-install of them
- Uninstalling Windows and re-installing windows
- Replaced my Graphics card
- Removed all other peripherals attached to my computer to see if they were to blame, it still blue screened
- Swapped between numerous surge protectors/extension leads in the event that was to blame

Usually, it only Blue Screened when watching video's on Youtube or such (any video over the about 30 minute mark is guaranteed to make my PC Blue Screen), however just recently it's started doing it whilst I'm playing computer games as well which is something I can't put up with. I'm not massively tech savy, so I don't really know how to go about fixing this, or why it is even doing it, hence why I am here!

Here's a copy/paste of the message i get AFTER the Blue Screen has occurred:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8012574028
BCP3: 00000000BA00001F
BCP4: 00000000000200A3
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\060914-25630-01.dmp
C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-28782-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Rich

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you can upload the dump file as in:
C:\Windows\Minidump\060914-25630-01.dmp

I can take a look and see where it's crashing.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Can you post a full system spec? Just gives us an overview of what you have, might not help a great deal but then again... You never know.
Have you re seated the RAM, that's worth a shot too.

Other than that, possible causes are:
Driver conflict - have you tried reinstalling windows then adding back the software only very slowly?
Faulty component - could be RAM, GPU, CPU or motherboard. Possibly even PSU, have you checked all the connections to things like the motherboard and other components?

Blue screening under gaming load should point towards PSU/GPU issues, but if it has been happening before that's harder to pin down. When you say changed GPU, did you get a new one sent out or do you mean re seated your existing one? The fact it wa happening with video before suggests to me its the GPU.

Do you have onboard video to try? if you can 100% re created it with a 30 minutes youtube video then it may be worth removing the GPU and it's drivers, restarting and watching a 30 min youtube video...

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Richo, if you can follow this tutorial up to step 5 then upload the resulting .zip file here I'll take a look at your BSODs for you, it should give you a pointer of what the problem is.

Richo

Thanks for the quick replies guys! Here are the mini-dump files as requested, some of them are fairly old but the one from yesterday (9th of June) was the Bluescreen whilst I was gaming.
Also uploaded a DxDiag, hoping that provides the system spec you want.
@Mantadog I'm not massively tech savy, so some of the things you're asking if I've done or not I don't entirely understand. The graphics card was swapped for a completely brand new one though.

Attachments

• RICH-PC-10_06_2014__02840_14.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
  • DxDiag.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 121

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
@Mantadog I'm not massively tech savy, so some of the things you're asking if I've done or not I don't entirely understand. The graphics card was swapped for a completely brand new one though.

No problems, we will see if spyder or Boozad and shed any light on it before going any further.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Looking at the log it's as I thought with a BugCheck 124, very hard to even start looking in the right place let alone pinpoint the problem. The first thing I'll ask you to is post up your full system specs, and have you overclocked any components?

The dump is saying it's GenuineIntel causing the problem but that may well be a false positive.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8012552028, ba00001f, 200a3}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner

Also, do you have a different browser you could try other than Chrome?

Last edited:

Richo

Thanks Boozad,
As far as I'm aware no, none of my components are over-clocked, however I know very little about PC parts in general. Is there a way to check this? Also, I assume the DxDiag didn't provide the system specs that you want, is there another way to get a hold of them?
Thanks again,
Rich

Richo

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i7 3930K @ 3.20GHz 66 °C
Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 1066MHz (11-13-13-30)

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 LE (LGA2011) 34 °C

Graphics
2260W (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN (NVIDIA) 76 °C

Storage
223GB ATA INTEL SSDSC2CT24 SCSI Disk Device (SSD)
1863GB ATA WDC WD20EZRX-00D SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 29 °C

Optical Drives
ATAPI iHAS124 W SCSI CdRom Device

Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Hopefully this is what you want? :)

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Yeah that's great mate. It looks like your CPU is the main suspect here to be honest. Is this a PCS machine?

My recommendation here would be to run Prime95 for 8-10 hours, make sure to keep an eye on your CPU temperatures while doing so.

Last edited:

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Let me know how you get on with Prime95, there are other stress tests for the other pieces of hardware but I think the CPU is the place to start. Is the machine still under warranty?

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I've just thought, when you posted that info from Speccy did you have a game running or something? Your CPU and GPU temps look quite high, I didn't pick up on that earlier.