Semi-new PC Blue-Screening

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Well a STOP 0x00000124 is almost always hardware so stress testing is all you can do to rule out every piece of hardware, unfortunately your logs are leaving no clues so it's hard to pinpoint the problem. If you want any pointers on which stress tests to use just let me know.

It could also be a compatibility issue, or, as an outside chance, driver corruption. The compatibility one can virtually be ruled out straight away, you could always run DriverVerifier to stress your drivers and see if that shakes anything loose.

Richo

Yeah, the RAM test came back with 0 errors, so now they have me testing my GPU and CPU (Again using Prime95 as you suggested) Perhaps a second run will produce some results.

Richo

Nope, they gave me the instructions to leave it running for 2 hours, which was about 1 and a half. 1 1/2 doesn't seem like enough, but 8 does seem alittle too much, in my opinion though.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Eight is the recommended minimum to be honest. It has been known for people to run for eight passes and show no errors, then pick up errors on a longer run. Best thing to do is run it overnight, set it off just before you go to bed or when you're leaving your PC for the night.

Richo

Yeah, no problems found for the GPU test or the CPU test. Left Prime95 running over-night (8+ hours) and no problems according to it.
Edit: And after another call they've just had my Mini-dump files off me, hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this soon!

Last edited:

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Edit: And after another call they've just had my Mini-dump files off me, hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this soon!

If they can debug from those dumps then fair play to them because I certainly can't! Even !errrec is giving nothing away.

Code:
2: kd> !errrec fffffa8012574028
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa8012574028
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id     : 01cf83f19e821564
Severity      : Fatal (1)
Length        : 873
Creator       : Microsoft
Notify Type   : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp     : 6/9/2014 17:40:29 (UTC)
Flags         : 0x00000000

Section 0     : Memory
Descriptor    @ fffffa80125740a8
Section       @ fffffa8012574180
Offset        : 344
Length        : 73
Flags         : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity      : Fatal

Section 1     : Processor Generic
Descriptor    @ fffffa80125740f0
Section       @ fffffa80125741c9
Offset        : 417
Length        : 192

Proc. Type    : x86/x64
Instr. Set    : x64
Error Type    : Unknown error
Flags         : 0x00
CPU Version   : 0x00000000000206d7
Processor ID  : 0x0000000000000002

Section 2     : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor    @ fffffa8012574138
Section       @ fffffa8012574289
Offset        : 609
Length        : 264

Error         : Unknown (Proc 2 Bank 11)
  Status      : 0xba00001f000200a3

Richo

Haha, well we shall have to wait and see. To be honest I really just want the whole ordeal over with now, I miss being able to watch videos and my PC starting first time every time :(

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I really do hope they can sort it for you mate. I'm only really beginning to learn to analyse BSODs and 0x124s are the worst possible ones, especially if the logs give nothing away.

Richo

Yep, they couldn't find a problem in the minidumps so they had an event log and a system log off me on Friday. Still waiting to hear back from them. Meanwhile, over the past 2 days my FPS in games has nearly halved o_O

Richo

After 6 days, they couldn't find anything in the event logs/system logs. So over the past two days I've been running SSD tests, which came back with no problems, and uninstalling "Intel Rapid Storage Technologies" which my computer couldn't do entirely because it's important. And now they've got me re-installing Chipset drivers. Just sat here wondering if this will ever end :\

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
After 6 days, they couldn't find anything in the event logs/system logs. So over the past two days I've been running SSD tests, which came back with no problems, and uninstalling "Intel Rapid Storage Technologies" which my computer couldn't do entirely because it's important. And now they've got me re-installing Chipset drivers. Just sat here wondering if this will ever end :\

IRST is useless unless you have RAID configured and tends to cause BSODS...

Richo

In all honesty we're well into territory now where I have no idea what I'm doing, I simply do as I'm asked to do and hope it solves the problem. Thus far, nothing has worked at all though and I'm starting to feel like I'm wasting my time trying to fix it even with the help and suggestions of PCS. It may just be better I ask them to take it off me and sort it :(

Richo

PROBLEM FINALLY SOLVED! I think! Downloaded the latest Motherboard driver and all is well so far! Must have been corrupt!
Thanks for all your help here guys, much appreciated :D