Shadow of War

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Bought this years ago in a steam sale and randomly decided to fire it up for the first time last week. Wow, this is actually one of the best games I think I've ever played and an entire level above the first one (which was very good). Up there with Breath of the Wild and God of War.

Got pilloried initially because of the lootbox scandal but that got patched out years ago. Probably soured it for a lot of people. But it's awesome. Anyone else played this one?!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Bought this years ago in a steam sale and randomly decided to fire it up for the first time last week. Wow, this is actually one of the best games I think I've ever played and an entire level above the first one (which was very good). Up there with Breath of the Wild and God of War.

Got pilloried initially because of the lootbox scandal but that got patched out years ago. Probably soured it for a lot of people. But it's awesome. Anyone else played this one?!
I've actually got that game in my library with only 27 minutes of gameplay logged in September 2015, no recollection at all. Shall download it now and give it a shot (y)

SlimCini

It's got a really ace mechanic called the nemesis system which tailors the games enemies to your playthrough.
First game had it too but didn't see what the big fuss was about as it seemed superfluous.

This time it's actually quite addictive and useful and genuinely has a purpose. A bit like how addictive it is building up your squaddies in xcom. I'm addicted to building up my orc squaddies ha. That and calling on a nazgul to fight for me on demand.

Also making me want to rewatch the LOTR films now too.

SlimCini

I've actually got that game in my library with only 27 minutes of gameplay logged in September 2015, no recollection at all. Shall download it now and give it a shot (y)
It doesn't really get interesting until you open up Minas Ithil and even then it's Act 2 when it really opens up and gets cool.

Last edited: