She's here may I have some help please :)

J&H

Hey

Hope everyone is ok.

I finally got my new PC:

Case : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE

Processor (CPU) AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core CPU (3.4GHz-4.9GHz/72MB CACHE/AM4)

Motherboard : ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!

Memory (RAM) 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)

Graphics Card 24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
1st M.2 SSD Drive: 2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)

Power Supply : CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Processor Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

Thermal Paste: STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING

Extra Case Fans NONE
Change to: 1x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)

but not without an issue unfortunately.

I hope you guys can help me:

My checks:

Exhaust fan not working but plugged in correctly (It seems the blades have clearance at top and the bottom but not on the sides of the square meaning its jammed but working.

I checked the pump wire and other cables to see if anything is not plugged in properly or if not attached but everything seems fine in terms of cabling so i dont know why the second fan for the aio is not spinning.

Icue controller seems to pick it up but says 0 rpm.

Anyone have any ideas as what to do?

I have a discord if you are willing to talk me through any trouble shooting. im willing to stream my screen to help guide me.

I tried to be as clear with the issues as possible.

Sorry to ask

please check photos for clearer understanding
Thanks for reading

Attachments

• bigpc2.jpg
    bigpc2.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0957big2.jpg
    IMG_0957big2.jpg
    787.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0958big3.jpg
    IMG_0958big3.jpg
    725.1 KB · Views: 163
  • fanjam.jpg
    fanjam.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 163
  • pump cable.jpg
    pump cable.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 163
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-24 at 18.34.00 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-24 at 18.34.00 (2).jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 152
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-24 at 19.16.56.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-24 at 19.16.56.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 154

scarpa1

Enthusiast
I haven't used icue software so not sure how it works but is there a auto tune fan option? that may pick up all your fans and get them going.

Maybe some of the fans aren't going because the temps aren't high enough for them to come on, again not sure how your fans are set up with icue.

Reactions: J&H

J&H

It doesnt come on even if it gets too hot. I have cpu temp monitoring tools but the aio fan should be on. :(

Stephen M

Author Level
You will get great advice on these fora but they are not the official PCS channel, just very helpful customers so it may be worth giving PCS a call. Be prepared for a long wait as they are snowed under at moment, loads of us getting lockdown computers and world shortage of parts not helping.

J&H

You will get great advice on these fora but they are not the official PCS channel, just very helpful customers so it may be worth giving PCS a call. Be prepared for a long wait as they are snowed under at moment, loads of us getting lockdown computers and world shortage of parts not helping.
I know mate I just thought I would try here first as I got my pc on saturday afternoon, I thought i would see if its solvable myself to save time and effort. Im going to call them patiently tomorrow and I used to work in the customer service industry so im not angry but just want to sort it so i can continue working as it overheats. when i do anything on unreal engine it gets up to 78-80 degrees even while laying SW: fallen order. Sometimes she spikes up to 68-70 degrees just watching a video or alt tabbing. im scared to stress it xD. Anyways thanks for your reply :)

Stephen M

Author Level
My cousin used to work in customer support and I feel for anyone who does. From what she told me the level of abuse was inversely proportional to the level of the customer's intelligence.

• Sad

steaky360

Something worth checking if you can find it, the two fans on the AIO are not connected to the Corsair Commander (the thing on the 'back' of the case) they will be connected to the y-splitter cable that comes with the AIO (in your pics, its the small cable coming from the TOP of the pump unit) - it could be the case that one of these has fallen out.

I've absolutely no idea why your rear fan isn't spinning, seems like it might have been damaged, PCS will most likely just sent you a replacement fan - I take it if you give it a wee push it'll spin (then get stuck again) - ie, its powered but jammed? Its a little strange that this wasn't picked up in testing as I wouldn't expect that to be damaged in transit...

I can't help with the corsair iCUE as I've still not been able to get my AIO to appear in iCUE at all, so you're a step ahead of me here :).
I can say though, the first 3 fans are your case fans rather than your AIO fans (but I think you know that already), your 'rear fan' doesn't appear in iCUE at all from what I can see, this could be because its plugged directly into your mobo rather than the commander (its also not a corsair fan, I've no idea if its compatible or not).

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
As above really.....

With the AIO, can you flick the fan and it spins?

If yes, it's probably just unplugged or loose on the connection. It shouldn't be connected to the commander, but rather the pump itself. If the connection appears to be OK, swap it with the one that's spinning and see if the problem follows.

With the rear fan, can you flick the fan and it spins? If not, just contact PCS and ask for a replacement to be sent out. It appears squished like you say. Easy to miss I guess as I don't think they will specifically check the exhaust fan, no reason not to.... I just don't think it would be seen as a priority.

J&H

My cousin used to work in customer support and I feel for anyone who does. From what she told me the level of abuse was inversely proportional to the level of the customer's intelligence.
that just makes me sad mate. im always extra polite with customer service. Anyway I cant seem to get through right now "the person your calling is busy" and then it turns off :(
Something worth checking if you can find it, the two fans on the AIO are not connected to the Corsair Commander (the thing on the 'back' of the case) they will be connected to the y-splitter cable that comes with the AIO (in your pics, its the small cable coming from the TOP of the pump unit) - it could be the case that one of these has fallen out.

I've absolutely no idea why your rear fan isn't spinning, seems like it might have been damaged, PCS will most likely just sent you a replacement fan - I take it if you give it a wee push it'll spin (then get stuck again) - ie, its powered but jammed? Its a little strange that this wasn't picked up in testing as I wouldn't expect that to be damaged in transit...

I can't help with the corsair iCUE as I've still not been able to get my AIO to appear in iCUE at all, so you're a step ahead of me here :).
I can say though, the first 3 fans are your case fans rather than your AIO fans (but I think you know that already), your 'rear fan' doesn't appear in iCUE at all from what I can see, this could be because its plugged directly into your mobo rather than the commander (its also not a corsair fan, I've no idea if its compatible or not).
hey bro thanks for your lovely response. the rear fan is in fact as you said " if you give it a wee push it'll spin (then get stuck again) - ie, its powered but jammed" exactly as you said.. all the cables for the aio and front fans are plugged in correctly, nothing seems loose. gonna keep trying to call pcs :)
As above really.....

If yes, it's probably just unplugged or loose on the connection. It shouldn't be connected to the commander, but rather the pump itself. If the connection appears to be OK, swap it with the one that's spinning and see if the problem follows.

With the rear fan, can you flick the fan and it spins? If not, just contact PCS and ask for a replacement to be sent out. It appears squished like you say. Easy to miss I guess as I don't think they will specifically check the exhaust fan, no reason not to.... I just don't think it would be seen as a priority.
with the aio the second fan is copletely dead it doesnt want to spin at all. the rear fan you can flick and it will want to spin but just gets re jammed. i cant get through to pcs right now but will keep trying :)..

thanks for all your responses

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
On the rear fan it might be worth just slackening the 4 mounting screws, see if it frees up & if it does just nip them back up gently & evenly

Harag

Gold Level Poster
As above really.....

Hmm... but shouldn't Testing and then QA check everything is working, even a fan that isn't seen as a priority, along with any temps on the cpu to make sure the AIO is working too.

Hmm... but shouldn't Testing and then QA check everything is working, even a fan that isn't seen as a priority, along with any temps on the cpu to make sure the AIO is working too.
It may have been working during testing but something happened during transit.
Hopefully that’s the only issue as it’s a quick and easy fix :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Sadly, and annoyingly, deliveries do get bounced around in the back of the DPD van. We recently had someone report seeing their DPD driver drop their box off the back of the van!

I would recommend everyone who receives a PC that's not working or not working properly to complain to PCS - politely and calmly of course - because if PCS don't know the extent of this problem they can't complain to DPD.

Harag

Gold Level Poster
It may have been working during testing but something happened during transit.
Hopefully that’s the only issue as it’s a quick and easy fix :)
Sadly, and annoyingly, deliveries do get bounced around in the back of the DPD van. We recently had someone report seeing their DPD driver drop their box off the back of the van!

I would recommend everyone who receives a PC that's not working or not working properly to complain to PCS - politely and calmly of course - because if PCS don't know the extent of this problem they can't complain to DPD.

Hi Both, Exactly, I expect it's all working just fine when it leaves PCS, the only thing we can't count on is the "middle man" DPD/fedex etc. All we can do is hope, and then if any issues no matter how miner, and even if we can fix them -- report it to PCS.