She's here! (review + pics)

shocksalot

Bronze Level Poster
After many sleepness night tinkering and tweaking i finally built the perfect spec for my budget (with help and advice from the PCS forum community ofc =D)

The specs:
Case
COOLERMASTER CM690 MKII ADVANCED CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8P67 (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM)
16GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (4 X 4GB)
Graphics Card
1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - DX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card
NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
500GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD5002AALX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 32MB CACHE (7200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
RAID
NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NONE
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W TX SERIES (TX750) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£86)
Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£49)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem
NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Floppy Disk Drive
NONE
Firewire & Video Editing
3 Port IEEE 1394a Firewire PCI Card (£9)

Additional compoments:
NesteQ 8 channel fan controller
x2 Artic Cooling fans

Production Dates

Processed Date
14-06-2011
Pre-Production Date
21-06-2011
Build Date
01-07-2011
Test Date
04-07-2011
QC Date
04-07-2011
Awaiting Dispatch Date
05-07-2011
Dispatch Date
05-07-2011

Who Worked on This Order?

Built By
Adam Kirby
Tested By
Garnet Heller
QC'd By
Craig Whiteley
Packed By
Anthony Cunliffe

I am pleased to write that the order arrived the following day of being dispatched, the contents of which are in perfect conditon. after a conphersensive check of the hard/software i am pleased to find to everything is as it should be, all the compoments are spot on and i have experienced no software issues, i was also very chuffed to discover some added bonuses; turns out the Mother Board has built in Bluetooth and the Disk drive has Lightscribe technology (being a techy i like these little things =D).
In terms of performance this thing is leathal! ive already performed a Rendering test using a complex Maya scene and seen a 60% increase in render time against my old quad core Phenom. As for the GPU this thing is a beast! im able to play games such as: Dawn of war 2 and Modern warefare 2 at ultra settings and still get high FPS (sorry guys i dont have Crysis or Metro to really put this thing under pressure). Some of you may also be wondering why i chose a whooping 16GB RAM, well the answer is simple: After Effects! on my previous pc i created some seriously spiffy Matt paintings but was unable to render them due to lack of RAM -.- (it was demanding at least 8GB), thus this will solve that problem and will support various software i use such as Nuke and Zbrush.

Ratings:
Customer Service: 5/5
I found the customer service to be excellent, the people i spoke to knew what they were talking about and i was able to get the information i needed quickly.

Build quality: 5/5
The hardware was installed correctly and is in nigh mint condition.

Packaging + delivery 5/5
The item arrived the day following dispatch, the packaging itself was not tampered with in anyway and all the contents were completely un-harmed.

I have to say im seriously impressed with the CM690 case, its very user friendly, i had no issuses with it what so ever and i love the removeable dust filters, these are easy to access/remove and will prove to be very usfull. In terms of air flow this thing is also very easy to mod due to high amount of fan slots and the removable Hard disk trays.

Anywho heres what you all wanna see, the pic's!
Front with added NesteQ fan controller
SDC10494.jpg

Rear:
SDC10492.jpg

Interior:
SDC10485.jpg

16GB Samsung RAM
SDC10490.jpg

Hard drive cage:
SDC10488.jpg

Palit GTX 570 with duel fans:
SDC10486.jpg

Welcome pack :)
SDC10483-1.jpg

Im very happy with my purchase and would highly recomend PCS to anyone seeking a customizable PC configuration.

Special thanks to users LinearHD and Teaz for there support/advice.

Feel free to leave any questions you may have =)

JSG10

Expert
Cracking rig :) No wonder you're pleased! I do love the CM690 case ^^ Am tempted by a fan controller myself, just don't know how easy these are to install on my own :S
+rep for pics and review.

shocksalot

Bronze Level Poster
Cracking rig :) No wonder you're pleased! I do love the CM690 case ^^ Am tempted by a fan controller myself, just don't know how easy these are to install on my own :S
+rep for pics and review.
Installation was easy mate, bascially its got 8 3pin connectors, you attach these to your fans connectors (really simple :)) then you just connect the single 4pin connector to one of your PSU 4 pin connectors. Also the CM 690 has easy to install Disk drive cages, you just slide the slider from Lock to open and visa versa =D.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
wow my case is bigger, my motherboard is merely going to be a spec of green on the back of the case :/