Shift ATX3.0 PSUs - Hopefully coming to a build near you.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
These look the part. A little more than the current RMx PSUs but not by much. Pretty much expected for the latest and greatest I guess.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I was seriously considering one of these after browsing around but I've been put to a complete halt. The clearance I have on my case is virtually nil, so need to be very considerate before getting them.

I actually thought Corsair were replacing their lineup but I think these might just be a long-side the current options. I would absolutely love a PSU like this, if I could access the connections from the side panel.

Real shame as I love it. I hope PCS stock them but it may be too niche for the configurator.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I like the idea, but this will this kill off the narrower cases (such as the iCUE 220T) that already have zero space next to the side panel for cables, or are we envisaging a series of 90º cables to work around this (not saying I wouldn't be happy with a slightly wider case...maybe a wooden 4000/5000/500D (maybe not a 680X though) :sneaky:

I also wonder why no-one (unless you can mount this upside-down) has a PSU where the connections are on the inside of the case so all the cables can be hidden away behind the side panel...again, requiring a case with a good-sized cable management tray.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is a new ATX3 power supply by Corsair where for cable management, and simplicity, they've put the PSU output ports on the side of the PSU.

Skip to 14:06 for a scenario where this make sense, it's actually a really clever idea for mid size cases

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I'm surprised they've not been made an option yet.

I had posted about them a little while ago, while I was looking for an ATX3.0, but the side placement was no good for my case unfortunately.

I emailed Corsair to see if they were doing any ATX3.0s that weren't shift PSUs but they wouldn't give anything away about future products.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm surprised they've not been made an option yet.

I had posted about them a little while ago, while I was looking for an ATX3.0, but the side placement was no good for my case unfortunately.

I emailed Corsair to see if they were doing any ATX3.0s that weren't shift PSUs but they wouldn't give anything away about future products.

Hope you don't mind if I merge them?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Course not. Be interesting to see if PCS make use of them. I think it may be difficult in the configurator as it'll likely be very case specific, but even if they were only available with the Corsair cases, it would be a start.

I think it's quite clear that PCS deal with Corsair for the PSUs, hence no ATX3.0 offerings yet. My guess is they will want the option for everyone and not purely for Corsair case want-ers.