Shipment to Italy after Brexit

DarkCore

Hello, I'm new to the forum, I would like to ask a question before buying a new notebook about the shipment to ltaly , can I be charged customs and VAT charges? I ask this because of the recent events concerning " Brexit " I do not know exactly how is the situation now , looking on the Net I thought it was all still in the making , so I ask you directly if any of the staff or someone more knowledgeable on the subject could give me a concrete answer.
Thanks to those who can help me.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
For now GB is still in the EU and will be for the next couple of years, nothing at all has changed. We have not even officially asked to leave yet, that wont happen till next year at the earliest. So if you order a machine now you will not face any additional charges.

DarkCore

Thanks to both of you. I have another question regarding the guarantee "collect & return" is also valid for Italy? you think there might be problems for return if in the future happens brexit?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I imagine PCS would have to honour their guarantee even if it does cost them more, which I doubt would be much difference anyway. Without getting into politics, I think it's crucial for both sides to have a strong trade deal

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
I believe the collect and return feature is offered only to mainland UK, after delving (quickly) into the terms and conditions

6.13 has the line "We do not offer a collection for orders delivered outside of the UK including the Channel Islands."

Yardem

Silver Level Poster
Wow, really? That's so cheeky!
I placed an order with delivery to Ireland, then why didn't they warn me when I upgraded the warranty to Silver (1 year of collect & return instead of 1 month)?!
I know, it's only £5 extra, but...?!

Last edited by a moderator:

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Wow, really? That's so cheeky!
I placed an order with delivery to Ireland, then why didn't they warn me when I upgraded the warranty to Silver (1 year of collect & return instead of 1 month)?!
I know, it's only £5 extra, but...?!

One of the many nuances that it seems the PCS system is not up to spec on. Buyer be ware I guess.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It's not really a case of 'buyer beware', there is nothing underhand going on. It's all in the Terms & Conditions and I'd encourage all prospective buyers to read them carefully before ordering.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
While not underhand (at least I doubt PCS would do such a thing to drum up extra cash deliberately), it would probably be an improvement if the configurator disabled or issued a warning with the warranty choices if shipping was selected outside the UK. I doubt it's beyond the technical scope of the configurator to do so given all the other compatibility issues it seems able to identify.

Tbh I normally associate 'buyer beware' with things like buying an APU without checking benchmarks and then wondering why your single threaded performance blows or your GTX 1080 is bottlenecked in gaming. I would not normally describe being sold something that's of no use as 'buyer beware', that's.. beyond 'buyer beware' to me. Since there are potentially some situations where a cheap CPU and a powerful GPU might be valid, but there don't seem to be many situations where 11 months extra carriage costs cover when you live in Italy get you any benefit.

But then I've worked in something you could loosely call consumer advocacy rather than IT, so my perspective might be different to others'. All opinions valid etc.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
While not underhand (at least I doubt PCS would do such a thing to drum up extra cash deliberately), it would probably be an improvement if the configurator disabled or issued a warning with the warranty choices if shipping was selected outside the UK. I doubt it's beyond the technical scope of the configurator to do so given all the other compatibility issues it seems able to identify.

I think this is an excellent idea! :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Last edited: