Should be told when computer is coming out of QC

Adz117

Hey this is just a suggestion but I think that pcs should give information/an estimate on when the computer is coming out of quality controll and will be ready for delivery as I had a little trouble with my system:

System went into QC late on Tuesday, so I assumed that by the 2 day standards on the diagram it would be Thursday shipping for delivery on Friday, so I kept the Monday - Friday diamond delivery. My computer never went out of QC on Thursday but had no notes etc on it so I went on live chat and a very very helpfull person told me that the card wasn't functioning properly so it was going back into QC, but was unable to give me an estimate on when it would be out.

I need my computer ASAP, hence why I payed for 3 day delivery. So I was curious that if it came out of QC on Friday, I could pay for the Saturday delivery instead. But I also didn't want to risk it not coming out of QC on Friday and then risking a Monday shipping date and having to wait 5 days for the Saturday delivery.
So I have sat on the live chat for hours this morning as I didn't have the ability to phone as I was out at University and only had my laptop, but no one connected.

It was shipped today so that now means I'm stuck with Monday delivery as it went from 'in quality control' to 'dispatched' in the blink of an eye. It would have been nice to have some estimate that it would have been out of QC today so that I could have planned accordingly instead of guessing.

Rakk

The Awesome
Well, once something is ready for dispatch, they try to get it dispatched as soon as possible, people would complain if it sat around for a day once it had finished QC before being dispatched just in case someone wanted to have a chance to decide on delivery options before it gets dispatched, people want stuff straight away therefore it was shipped asap.

You could've ordered the Saturday delivery and then if it wasn't dispatched today,then on saturday morning rung up and changed it to normal delivery - though that doesn't really help at this point I know :(

And as stated in your other thread, live chat is always at the bottom of the queue behind phone lines and email so does not always get answered especially if they are busy

Adz117

Yeah I'm suggesting more of a will it be minutes, hours, or days etc remaining in QC, not necessarily making it so people have to wait, just informing them how long in estimate the final stage is going to take.

Rakk

The Awesome
Yeah I'm suggesting more of a will it be minutes, hours, or days etc remaining in QC, not necessarily making it so people have to wait, just informing them how long in estimate the final stage is going to take.

See the problem is when PC's go into testing/QC they know how long they'd like it to be in that stage, however if a problem happens, it could take minutes or hours, or longer to fix, Testing and QC finish when they finish, its very very difficult to put an actual timescale on it, sometimes the timescale is just not known unless its finished.