Should I trust Control Center

neigri

Hi,

I purchased a Proteus just before Xmas and everything has been fine with it until last night. All of a sudden Control Center (v1.0.0.6) has my CPU at 90c even though the laptop doesn’t feel hot.

Ive uninstalled CC and then reinstalled but it still is sat at 90cin every mode, every situation (gaming, idle, power saving). However, installing HWMonitor shows that my cpu temp is 45c as well another temp check program (can’t remember the name).

Should I be worried?

steaky360

Does the laptop feel super warm?

HWMonitor is pretty reliable in my experience, it would be worth putting some stress on your CPU then checking HWMonitor to see if the temp rises (it should).

Doodles

In my experience the Quanta Control Center has never been entirely correct when it came to monitoring clock speeds of the CPU and GPU in my Proteus VI. It wouldn't surprise me if it has similar monitoring issues with regards to the Proteus VII model.

Backing up what Steaky says, if the laptop doesn't feel hot it's probably fine, especially given the aluminium top of the laptop. However just to be sure, it's probably a good idea to run a stress test.