Silver Warranty Parts - Ireland returns

Freshmeat

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all,

Just wanted to see if anyone from The Republic of Ireland has had to have their PC fixed under warranty?

Tech support seem to think the issue is the Cooler Master pump running dry. This is still under warranty (April when I got the PC). They suggested sending out a replacement rather than the whole unit back if I was happy to replace the part myself. However, they want me to send mine back first and then it's investigated and then I'll get one sent out.

I offered to send it back if they were to send the replacement first so as I would have no down time. I was wondering has anyone else done this from Ireland?

Alternatively I can avail of collect and return under the warranty and send the whole PC back... seems a big hassle for a simple swap out and I'll still have downtime.

It all just seems a little rigid right now so really just posting here to get some insight into how others have handled warranty parts in the past.

steaky360

Not from Ireland, so if its specifically an issue because you're in Ireland then this might not be valid. That said, for advance replacements, I think it depends on the component. I've had an advance HDD and GPU sent out in the past (again, not in Ireland here so might not really be a valid consideration). Not even certain if FedEx offer the advance replacement service (I think its FedEx PCS use to deliver to Ireland?).

I'd suggest giving PCS a call to discuss it if you can, you might be able to come to an arrangement for a advance return rather than returning the cooler upfront.

Even if there is some other reason they want the cooler back up-front I personally can't see the logic for you doing it that way. You might as well package up the whole PC and send it back for them to swap over (under warranty etc.) it'll be fully tested and what not for you and probably take around the same amount of time.