Site to learn and compare?

Crisie

Hello, As I am getting into my first custom build (potentially) I am learning that I know far less about this stuff than I thought I did. Does anyone have a site(s) that could help me learn what all of the numbers mean and compare similar components. For example, I can see that a 1080 gpu at 3.8 mhz is better than a 1070 gpu at 3.6mhz. But I don't know how much better it is, what the limitations of each are, or what exactly the 3.8mhz means (This sort of confusion applies to many of the various components of the computers. Thanks for any input in advance. :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello, As I am getting into my first custom build (potentially) I am learning that I know far less about this stuff than I thought I did. Does anyone have a site(s) that could help me learn what all of the numbers mean and compare similar components. For example, I can see that a 1080 gpu at 3.8 mhz is better than a 1070 gpu at 3.6mhz. But I don't know how much better it is, what the limitations of each are, or what exactly the 3.8mhz means (This sort of confusion applies to many of the various components of the computers. Thanks for any input in advance. :)

Easiest way to teach yourself is with Google, it bears all knowledge. If you google gtx 1080 vs 1070, you'll get a benchmark comparison that will tell you all the different components of each card and why the 1080 is better. Usually google model numbers, tends to bring up the best results.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Certain sites that will come up high in search results should nevertheless be avoided like the plague - such as Game Debate, CPU Boss, GPU Boss, User Benchmark...

Only go for detailed articles where it's clear that they got their own data instead of using random garbage mashed together.

These articles usually explain what they did to test and benchmark the hardware as well.

Last edited: