SKY FIRE 2 Internet Problems

shy_147

Weird problem where I will open up a browser, be it IE or Firefox and they will sit there saying connecting, no pages will load. Internet works on other devices and laptops so is a machine specific problem.

So far I have cleared the registry cache via ccleaner, gpupdate, flushed dns cache, released/renewed ip, reinstalled onboard NIC and cleared wbem repository. Sometimes doing one or more of the above will snap it back to life, sometimes a reboot works.

Superanti spyware and Avast come up with nothing to suggest a virus is to blame.

It's a problem across both Firefox and IE on multiple connections (friends, neighbours and our own network), seems to only be a problem on wifi?

About to put my fist through the screen. Help!!!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Firstly, there are known issues with that WiFi card (and with other Intel WiFi cards). Go to the Intel download site and check that you have the latest driver installed (you could also use the Intel driver update utility). It would be wise to uninstall the existing driver (and reboot) before installing the latest driver.

If you're using the Intel ProSet Wireless tool to connect then check the box to allow Windows to manage connections, it seems to make a better job of it than the Intel tool. Whichever tool you use be sure to delete any existing profile that's being stored for your hotspot. You'll have to enter the password again but connection problems are often caused by the info in the stored profile getting out of synch with the actual status of the hotspot router.

It might be worth changing the card for a non-Intel one. A Google search will show up lots of issues with that card.