Skyfire III hyperx ram?

colesy606

Tempted to purchase a 15"6 skyfire III. :yes:
Wanted to know if it's possible to get 2x2GB hyperx ram instead of the 1x4GB standard ram? I notice the option isnt on the skyfire but is on other models. Is it the case that skyfire isnt compatible with the hyperx ram?
Thanks for any help with this.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Tempted to purchase a 15"6 skyfire III. :yes:
Wanted to know if it's possible to get 2x2GB hyperx ram instead of the 1x4GB standard ram? I notice the option isnt on the skyfire but is on other models. Is it the case that skyfire isnt compatible with the hyperx ram?
Thanks for any help with this.

Best thing to do is to contact PCS directly for an official response

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
I wouldn't let this put you off, why do you require 2x2 and not just 1x4? Dual channel isn't something you should be too worried about, 1x4 is perfectly fine. That way you do have room to add a 2nd stick later if needed.

colesy606

Thanks for the speedy replies,
I'll ask ps directly.

Mantadog: It's not the ram putting me off fella, it's the wife (she doesn't want me spending the cash)!
Lol, the dual channel 2x2GB hyperx is usually only a couple of quid more than the 1x4GB standard ram. If I can get dual channel hyperx for an extra £2 then I'll take it ;)

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
yeah I understand, but the performance improvement is nil or as close as your ever going to get. I wouldn't waste time trying to get it because any potential performance gain is probably worth about £2 and that's it.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Dual channel won't show much of an increase in performance and the 1x4gb stick will leave you with space left to upgrade later.