Skyfire IV need help with what resolution to pick

Toonarmy

Hi so I am customizing a 14" Skyfire IV and I have all the parts that I want except what resolution I am not sure whether to go for the 1600x900 or the 1920x1080 what do you think is best is the 1600x900 still any good I am buying this laptop to last for years so what res do you think will be best for the long run thanks

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hmm, i want to go for 1920x1080. However, it might be a little bit small on a 14inch screen. hmmm but even so, i probably would opt for 1920x1080 anyway.

I like the 14inch skyfire models, i think they are made by MSI. Wouldn't mind one myself. - not that i would use it much lol

Toonarmy

Ya that's what I was thinking and if it was a bit small I could always lower the res a little but im sure it would be fine It costs an extra £42 but might aswell as I want this to last for years :)

Toonarmy

Need advice on hard drive for my laptop

Hi so I am buying a 14" Skyfire IV and I have all the components I want except I need some advice on the hard drive I was going to go with the 750GB WD scorpio blue but I can upgrade to the 1TB serial ATA hard drive for only £5 more now I do need as much storage as possible but the the 750 scorpio interface is 6gb/s while the 1TB is only 3gb/s

Edit I found out that the 3gb/s and 6gb/s mean how much they can upload or somin like that so my question would be is the extra storage space on the 1TB worth it with the 3gb/s or is it better to go with the 750gb and have the 6gb/s

Last edited:

steaky360

Hi Toonarmy, you don't need to create a new thread for each question. If you ask them all here you'll get better advice as other forum members will be able to see what has been asked previously and advise accordingly :)