skyfire IV

sparki

hi y'all,
I had a nice quote prepped with the skyfire IV 17" (~£1520)and umm the chassis has disappeared! Also as of this morning so have my quotes!

The crucial factors with the skyfire was that it had 5 usb ports (3xusb3 & 2xusb2) could take 32gb of system ram, had 8mb cache with the i7-2.9ghz and was 17". Also it had better battery life than the vortexes.

My usage is with mobile realtime machine vision processing, so need to attach cameras and other devices and utilise max ram. Ive no need for hi spec video cards, firewire, 9 in 1 memory readers etc. Adding external usb hubs will be an inconvenience I wish to avoid.

Currently only the vortex IV elite se and up support more than 4 usb ports, and with my required spec weighs in at £1946! Beyond my budget. Mostly i guess because of the sli video cards (which I dont need!)

I need to buy before April.

Will the skyfire 17" be back before then?
Or will there be an alternative chassis with >4 usb ports, support 32gb system ram, i7 2.9ghz 8mb cache & 17"?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Only PCS will be able to answer this for you, drop them an email, use the live chat on the main site or call the call centre for an answer.