Skyglide Tablet PC

tom6561

Gold Level Poster
Not sure how long they've been on sale, however I just noticed them today. Seeing as I just bought a tablet PC for more than twice the price of the 10.1", I would just like to enquire about them. My main points of enquiry are a) exactly which CPU is used in them, b) at what point will android 4.2 be introduced and c) are they a rebrand of an existing product (like Clevo laptops) or an entirely new device. Thanks! I'd definitely like to see how they stack up because at these prices they're looking pretty nice! (Also seeing as it's April 1st I'm very paranoid of being trolled and I would say I'll be moderately unhappy if I've fallen for a joke :p).

Toxophilix

Bright Spark
It would be interesting to know more about these devices.

The screen resolution is meh, to be honest, but then that's reflected in the price.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately I don't have any information on the CPU to hand - I will check the manufacturer and get back to you. This current range is a re-brand of an existing product and unfortunately we don't have any idea on when 4.2 Jelly bean will be available.

mdwh

Enthusiast
Competition for Android tablets at that price for the 7" would be the Acer Iconia B1, and the Asus Memo Pad ME172V (as well as others from well known makes). There are differences in resolution, RAM, internal memory. I'd be most concerned about the only 4 hour listed battery life of the Skyglide.