•RAM: 4GB

•GPU: DX9 vid card w/ 1 GB. GTX 260/Radeon 4890 or higher

•6GB free HDD Space

•DirectX compatible sound card

•Internet Access for Steam activation

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Bethesda's VP of PR and Marketing said:
The Min specs get you playing. The recommended specs let you play on High, not on Ultra. You'll want beefier rig for that."

i doubt ultra settings are going to be that high either

Frenchy

Prolific Poster

Fair enough, either way porting doesnt = bad game. Porting a game from xbox to PC really isnt all that bad, code is pretty similar, the main difference being graphics, for which normally settings will be increased in the game engine and higher res textures provided. Obviously there is other work involved but the youd think by the amount of people who complain about "console ports" that is always a bad thing, when really it isnt at all, id say more than anything it depends on the company and developer involved rather than the fact it was originally designed for a console.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
oblivion obviously wasnt a bad port but i was purly pointing out the lower pc requirements for the games as xbox only has 256mb of ram and vram so pc specs obviously arnt going to be that high.

Dayve

Skyrim's a console game ported to PC yeah, lots of games are though, doesn't mean it will be bad. All I need is for them to completely change that disgusting console oriented UI for the PC version and I'm good.

Bullseye

So, after this years I've been left behind by specs. Would I be able to run this game fluently with a GT555M @ 2GB and a, i7 processor?