SLI Advice

JaM1e

Bronze Level Poster
Hi

My brother is looking at going SLI on his rig I purchased for him from PCS. Currently has a 980ti, he's looking at buying a EVGA NVIDIA GTX 980TI SC to go along side the one we purchased from PCS.

Also naturally upgrading the PSU, not sure what to choose out of EVGA Supernova 1000w 80 Plat or Corsair HX 1000i.

Current mobo is Z170 PRO GAMING & case COOLERMASTER CM690 III.

Just wondering about compatibility/space/heat issues? Would appreciate any advice/thoughts!

Thanks

jerpers

Master
Depending on the HDD cages inside, you should have enough space. You can get the dimensions of the card and make a quick card template if necessary to check.

Rakk

The Awesome
You probably also want to check that both the one you already have and the new one are 2 slot cards (ie. not 3 slot), cos if either are 3 slot you may not have space for them.

JaM1e

Bronze Level Poster
Well I believe they are two slot. However looking at th position the 2nd gpu would take up and the remaining space in my case I don't think it's going to be a viable option. The cards would be extremely close together.

Opinions?

jerpers

Master
Mine are close together and fine, it's that staggered HDD cage I'd be worried about with the length
DSC_1266.jpg

Last edited: