SLI GTX580's

liamnic2

Super Star
Hey guys

Will the Corsair 1050W handle 2 1.5GB GTX580's ? Or will the 1200W be needed ? And do both need to be the same ie a palit one and a gainward one.

And also, how easy is it to disable/enable SLI ? I play shogun 2 ( which doesnt support SLI ) but I want to get into that Arma 2 and then Arma 3 when it comes out ( hoping to spank it on max graphics )

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
1050w is fine, i think it usually uses around 900W so 1050w is more than enough and they dont need to be the same brand

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
nah, 850 could do it at a squeeze but probably not a very good idea incase anything happens, 1050w will leave you loads of room after adding a second one to add extras like RAM HDDs etc

liamnic2

Super Star
nah, 850 could do it at a squeeze but probably not a very good idea incase anything happens, 1050w will leave you loads of room after adding a second one to add extras like RAM HDDs etc

Yeh. Hopefully I will ordering my own PC soon. PC wouldnt turn on for an hour then It gives me this blue screen with a bunch of random scripts. Hopefully it will give up and just die lol

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
haha, sadly mine lives on, although not great, i can barely run card games without the frame rate dropping :/ and it pretty much freezes if i try to watch 1080p on youtube or the video player

liamnic2

Super Star
haha, sadly mine lives on, although not great, i can barely run card games without the frame rate dropping :/ and it pretty much freezes if i try to watch 1080p on youtube or the video player

LOL. I play medieval 2 with small unit sizes and low settings and it lags. I struggle sometimes just to load 720p videos. I told my mum and then she said "I'll get you a new laptop for christmas", even though she knows that I have been saving up for nearly a year. I should have about £1000 in my own money BUT she owed £250 BUT since I pre-ordered some games with seperate money, she now owes me £200. Now my laptops dying and Im losing money, HAPPY DAYS !!

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Just to put your mind at ease, I have two 3GB GTX 580's running off a corsair HX1050 so yes it will do absolutley fine.

liamnic2

Super Star
well it has restarted itself to factory settings and now i have to use an onscreen keyboard since all the keys are done in

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
oh and my little watch battery (CMOS batter or something) broke and black powder went all over the board, i think it was lithium, so i have loads of black dust that i dont want to clean just incase...

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
well i will be installing the central heating system on my laptop tomorrow, i have a nice thick blanket ready to rap around the main part of the laptop, ill use an external keyboard and mouse to work

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
oh and my hard drive broke so i have this old crappy one running ubuntu, which kinda sucks in many ways