SLI Quirk

Tom DWC

Me and some mates got very lucky at Newbury Races over the weekend so I treated myself to a second 670 with the winnings. Yay!

I installed the card earlier and brought an SLI bridge from the local computer shop down the road.

Now I've never had a multi GPU setup before but as far as I can tell from looking at benchmarks online the frame rates are fine. Though I am experiencing some weird graphical bugs.

There's no obvious artifacting which makes me think the card is okay, even though the board is slightly bent compared to my other card, it's minor and probably just inconsistent manufacturing?

What does happen is every time I change a graphics setting (Battlefield 3/Metro Last Light) the picture begins to ripple with bars, but remains in tact. The only way I can describe it is like an old analogue telly when slightly out of tune.

Any ideas? I did a fresh install of the drivers. I'm thinking it might be the bridge, maybe. I don't think it was brand new, just one they had spare.

Last edited:

Tom DWC

Was the bridge provided by PCS? have you try resetting the cards or change the position?

Yeah I reseated them both and checked the connections. The bridge I brought seperately.

I've just disabled SLI and tried the new card on its own and it was absolutely fine.

steaky360

Something similar happened to me after I had taken both my cards out and replaced them. I ended up turning the sli bridge round and it seemed to sort the problem. Bit weird though I thought.

Glad its sorted itself though :)