Slight Bluetooth Issue for Wireless Earphones on Ionico

kshnnnn

I've run into a minor issue:

My wireless earphones are connecting up to my laptop via Bluetooth just fine; however, whenever I play audio through them, if I move my head slightly, the audio briefly cuts out and then plays again, sometimes sounding choppy. If the sound gets cut out, sometimes it speeds the audio up as if to catch up with it. It doesn't always happen; it's an irregular occurrence, but it's still an annoyance. If I keep my head still then, for the most part, it's fine. How can I fix this issue?

It can't be the earphones as I've connected them up to my Mac and they're working just fine. I've made sure the audio drivers are up-to-date. Has anyone run into this issue before? It seems to be some kind of reception issue. I used the earphones on the Mac in the same space, so I can't imagine it's something interfering with the connection? Unless it's different for Windows 10 laptops and I'm missing something?

Many thanks!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've run into a minor issue:

My wireless earphones are connecting up to my laptop via Bluetooth just fine; however, whenever I play audio through them, if I move my head slightly, the audio briefly cuts out and then plays again, sometimes sounding choppy. It doesn't always happen; it's an irregular occurrence, but it's still an annoyance. If I keep my head still then, for the most part, it's fine. How can I fix this issue?

It can't be the earphones as I've connected them up to my Mac and they're working just fine. I've made sure the audio drivers are up-to-date. Has anyone run into this issue before? It seems to be some kind of reception issue. I used the earphones on the Mac in the same space, so I can't imagine it's something interfering with the connection? Unless it's different for Windows 10 laptops and I'm missing something?

Many thanks!
When you say you’ve updated the audio drivers how have you done this?

kshnnnn

When you say you’ve updated the audio drivers how have you done this?
I've gone onto Device Manager > Audio Inputs and Outputs > Right clicked on each of the devices listed > Clicked update driver (for each one) > Clicked search automatically for drivers (via the Internet). For each device, it says I've got the best driver.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've gone onto Device Manager > Audio Inputs and Outputs > Right clicked on each of the devices listed > Clicked update driver (for each one) > Clicked search automatically for drivers (via the Internet). For each device, it says I've got the best driver.
What headphones are you using?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Jabra Elite Active 75T
Are you connected to multiple devices?

Make sure you're on the latest firmware. According to reddit there was a known issue on previous firmwares.

Seems a known issue, you need to unpair the second device and just have it paired with one at a time according to reddit:

kshnnnn

Are you connected to multiple devices?

Make sure you're on the latest firmware. According to reddit there was a known issue on previous firmwares.

Seems a known issue, you need to unpair the second device and just have it paired with one at a time according to reddit:

I was only connected to my Ionico laptop; however, just to make sure, I completely unpaired from my phone and my Mac (these are the only other devices that are paired to these earphones). I made sure the firmware is up-to-date in the Jabra app.

Unfortunately, the problem persists. Additionally, if I wear the earphones and I cover my ears with my hands, then the sound cuts for longer periods, almost to the point of it pausing indefinitely. This doesn't seem normal.

I'll continue looking for a solution, but if you have any further ideas, feel free to let me know.

Appreciate your help!

kshnnnn

Looks like I've found an answer from Jabra, but it's not what I wanted. Apparently they can't always guarantee a faultless connection with laptops since they're not optimised for them. That's annoying. So they can pair faultlessly to my 2012 Mac just fine, but not with my 2021 Windows 10 Gaming Laptop - how about that. Seems like connecting to Windows 10 laptops is a common issue with the Jabre Elite Active 75T - can't speak for their other models, but I'm going to assume they're the same. Might be a long shot, but I might ask them if they've got any earphones on the market that can support a faultless Windows 10 experience and maybe ask for a swap.

Attachments

• 1615770172125.png
    1615770172125.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

kshnnnn

Okay, now I'm inclined to believe that the issue is with the Bluetooth in this laptop because I've just tried my girlfriend's Apple AirPods Pro and even they're having an issue. If I wear the AirPods having connected to the laptop, play music, and cover my ears with my hands, the music stops playing - it doesn't even come back on like it did with my Jabras. My girlfriend connected the AirPods to her mobile, played music, covered her ears with her hands and the music carried on playing just fine. I'm stumped at the moment, but I'll keep at looking for a solution.

Bhuna50

Author Level
What is your spec? Is it the AX200 WiFi / Bluetooth card?

Open the machine up and check if both aerial wires are connected / popped in solidly to the card as there has been a couple of incidents where one has been loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk