Slight Yellow Tint on Optimus V 13.3" Screen

yonchu

I've just received my laptop yesterday, and I notice that when I display something white, the screen seems to have a yellow tint to it (even when the light in the room is turned off). Is this normal? If not, is this due to hardware/software? I can't seem to properly calibrate the colours in Windows properly.

Well, I can't really take any good photos to demonstrate this so...

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I know this sounds a bit daft, but hold a sheet of white printer paper next to the screen displaying something white to verify that there really is a yellow tinge and it's not an illusion. If the white paper and the white screen are the same colour (even if that's with a yellow tinge) then it's an illusion caused by something in the room or by your eyes. :)

If the white paper and white screen really are a different colour then you should, right click on the screen somewhere and select Graphic Properties from the menu you'll see. That will take you to the Intel (probably) graphics control panel. Unless yours is very different to mine you can click on Display and then Colour and you can try adjusting the controls there to see whether you can get rid of the yellow tinge. There should be a Restore Defaults button on there so that you can always undo any changes should you really screw things up. :)

If that doesn't help I'd suggest you call PCS for advice.