Snky - I make games! just want some advice :) you may be playing my games one day!

Which game of mine was your favourite? :)

• Total voters

Snky

So, i thought i'd say hi, just purchased myself a vortex laptop for 1300.
I make games, visit:

www.snky.tk :: Try out ' Spaceinvaders ' and ' 3DGame ' on the side menu.
www.youtu.be/watch?v=_JO9ud2XQGs :: this is another ' un-titled ' project that isn't on my website. (worth checking out!!)
let me know what you people think, what i should add, and generally your honest opinion,
happy christmas everyone!

Last edited:

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
what??

There's no way I can catch any of those balls.

And the space invaders don't move across the screen, they just disappear then appear slightly to the right.

I die but the space invaders stay on the screen and no button does anything

also ball game doesn't load

and another game wants me to download something, which I'm not going to do.

Snky

i didn't say play the ball game.
the spaceinvaders game works fine?
the thing you are required to install to play the 3d game is just like flash, which you have installed to play spaceinvaders.

Snky

Okay, fair enough, i understand i made these games challenging, but feel pretty embarressed if my girlfriend can at least get to the second level of spaceinvaders!

:p sorry i haven't put up a playable link of the game i've shown on youtube, it's worth taking a peak though, you have to rescue hedgehogs trapped in cages :)

Rakk

The Awesome
Yeah, I'm afraid I have to agree, bullets changing direction after they have been shot doesn't really seem fair, fine let the invaders point in your direction when they are firing if you want to make it a bit more clever/challenging than the original, but changing direction mid fire isn't fair :).

PS. I'm a girl and I got to the second level, haha!!!

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
Yeh you don't want the bullet sprite to have properties set so that it follows you (follow hero as I know it from RPG games)

You want it to it just fires at the same angle.

Also when they move, did anyone else see the enemies disappear and then reappear instead of moving? like they went invisible before they shifted.

Other than that, the last one on youtube looks pretty sweet, are you using Game Maker?

SrgColman

Enthusiast
Yeah, I'm afraid I have to agree, bullets changing direction after they have been shot doesn't really seem fair, fine let the invaders point in your direction when they are firing if you want to make it a bit more clever/challenging than the original, but changing direction mid fire isn't fair :).

PS. I'm a girl and I got to the second level, haha!!!

Wait wait wait, Rakk is a girl?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Wait wait wait, Rakk is a girl?

Lols I remember having this realisation about a month and half ago. Then chuckling to myself when I thought about her username again lols.

Anyway as for the games, not bad, the unity3D scene is a good start, im assuming your using the free version as you have no shaddows. Is there a reaosn the food is bouncing on the table? Do you have them as rigid bodies? Also the things rotating behind the far wall, which im assuming is health, why do they appear through the wall, im again guessing these are UI elements which is why they appear through the wall? (I often use things like the 3D text but you gotta remember to disable it when it isnt in the fiedl of view of the player otherwise you will see it through walls.

Snky

i'm glad i've had a litte more comments :)!

the spaceinvaders game is in flash, the bullets that follow you are 'missiles' if you get to level two they stop :p (partially) (also if anyone bothered to read the instructions on spaceinvaders, hold space for shield)
the game on youtube is made in gamemaker, im considering whether to: a. finish it in gm and convert to HTML5, or b: remake in flash for webplay.
the free version of unity was used for the 3d scene, im not sure why the hearts are visible through the wall, it's to do with the shader used, currently alpha diffuse is being used, but Zbuffer detection is also required.

i can make much more interesting games but give me a little bit of credit, all the games on the site were made in only <10 hours each, and that's insane if you have tried coding from scratch :)
add the site to your favourites! more games that aren't mine will be put up , and also some of the games will be updated over the holidays, i hope to finish space invaders, with a random boss generator!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
cool, ive favourited it and ill make sure to return every now and again, hope to do something similar with a friend

Snky

why thank you! i tried very hard not to crash in dirt 3, and i managed to do something im not sure many people can do which is hold a drift at really fast speeds going through the cargo in gymkhana, and thank you for favouriting my website!
:p

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
i can make much more interesting games but give me a little bit of credit, all the games on the site were made in only <10 hours each, and that's insane if you have tried coding from scratch :)

Um as much as I agree game design can be a difficult task, saying its "insane" is a little over the top, credit to you for making the games but 10 hours is plenty to create any of those, especially the unity 3d one.

Snky

well i meant including learning the language as well, i didnt know flash when i made that spaceinvaders, i didnt know c# scripting in unity till i started, i didnt know c++ until recently as well :) so second time around yeah it would be a decent amount of time, but for first time including learning the language like as3 is quite a bit challenging :) thanks for the reply anyway!