SO EXCITED! Order done, come see my spec.

tomboa

Chassis & Display - Vortex Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)

Processor (CPU) - Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-4800MQ (2.70GHz) 6MB

Memory (RAM) - 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (4 x 8GB)

Graphics Card - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780M - 4.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

2nd Graphics Card - NONE

Memory - 1st Hard Disk - 480GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk - 1TB SEAGATE HYBRID GEN3 SSHD Drive, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (5400 rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive - 6x BLURAY WRITER, 8x DVD ±R/±RW & CYBERLINK SOFTWARE

Memory Card Reader - Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)

Thermal Paste - ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

Sound Card - Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio + SPDIF/MIC/Headphone Jack

Wireless/Wired Networking - GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ 1103 WIRELESS GAMING 802.11N NETWORK CARD

3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD

Firewire - 1 X 1394a FIREWIRE PORT

Battery - Vortex Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (5,200 mAh/76.96WH)

Power Cable - 1 x UK Power Lead & 230W AC Adaptor

Operating System - Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence

DVD Recovery Media - Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve

-----------------------------------

As you can tell by the title I am very excited about this and cannot wait for it to arrive I just hope I have made the right choice with all the componants! What a choice!! The only one I was most unsure was the cpu but I just dont think the performance jump warrents the additional cost from the 4800mq to the 4900mq?

So there it is,I would really appreciate any thoughts and feedback anyone may have.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
32GB of RAM is an awful lot, what are you planning on using it for?

Hmmm.... you can't really say 'it's an awful lot' until you know what they're using it for.... ;)

If they said "Powerpoint presentations" THEN you could say that :p

tomboa

hi guys,
yeah I know 32gb is major overkill for more than anything really but I had the funds and by going with the 4800mq rather than the 4900mq I was able to up the ssd from 240 to 480gb and go for the 32gb ram for the same money. Seemed like more bang for my buck as they say!
Also with extra ram I could try other things like ram disk etc, not sure i would but I could?
I will be using my new machine for programming and compiling and also a lot of virtualisation work, the thought process was to plan for the future as much as possible although we all know even this machine will be outdated before it arrives lol!
Thank you for your comments.