So you;ve got yourself a new PC/Laptop.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 17413
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17413

What are you looking forward to most?

Personally, i'm dying to play witcher and witcher II
Might not seem like much, but my current system is over five years old, and stuggled with witcher...
Witcher was one of the first HD games i ever bought and my current laptop struggled (massively) to the point i could only play it on minimal settings.

I love the game, the true RPG nature of it where your choices change the game choices so with the new laptop i ordered i am dying to play it on full settings and have a really nice smooth gameplay, i am also going to buy W2 and play through that.
So thats one of my mini dreams... Witcher and its follow on title on full spec.... a small goal but one i will enjoy.

What are you going to use your new system for? and what secret little delights do you think it will bring?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm waiting on an Optimus IV, i7-3630QM, 12GB Samsung 1600MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GTX660M, 120GB Intel 520 SSD, 750GB WD Scorpio 7200RPM HDD. I don't game so the NVIDIA GPU won't get much use, I needed the Optimus chassis because I want full HD and two hard drive bays plus an optical drive. I do a lot of graphics work (CorelDRAW!) some simple photo editing, pretty complex document creation/editing (using graphics and images), I run the odd virtual machine (for fun and personal education) plus the usual web/email etc. etc.

I'm looking forward to speed - in all areas. I often need to have several apps open at once (Corel, photo edit, word-processor, and sometimes one or more VMs etc.) and I'm sorely tired of the paging that I get on my very aged and under-powered Compaq Presario with 2Gb RAM. Actually I can't adequately run a VM on there at all whilst I'm doing anything else...

I'm also excited about having fast boot and a faster app launch and, since I intend to keep my most active data in a data partition on the SSD, I'm looking forward to almost instant on with most apps and files.

I've swapped many HDDs on friend's laptops when they've had capacity issues or hardware problems and I always recommend the 7200RPM drives, the speed difference between them and the standard 5400RPM is very noticeable, so even my less active data (and photos and videos that will only go on the HDD of course) should be much faster in use.

Still in pre-production though.... :sleep1:

Animal

Awaiting dispatch now.

As for game wise, I am looking forward to Bioshock Infinite and finishing Tomb Raider.

PCS, I am waiting for my Omega Supreme which I was told it would be dispatched last week. Still no change in the order status though :-( (I'm hoping this will generate a similar response as above advising that my laptop has also been dispatched!)

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
PCS, I am waiting for my Omega Supreme which I was told it would be dispatched last week. Still no change in the order status though :-( (I'm hoping this will generate a similar response as above advising that my laptop has also been dispatched!)
Sorry for the delay, if you drop your order number into my PM inbox and I will look in to it for you as I cannot find your order along with your forum name.

SlickShoes

I am waiting on DayZ and suspect I will be for some time, I just bought Sim City and love it when the servers allow me! I also have just started playing Starcraft 2 as my laptop I had when it came out could barely run it, seems like an excellent game so far!

Animal

Sorry for the delay, if you drop your order number into my PM inbox and I will look in to it for you as I cannot find your order along with your forum name.

Hi Tom, thanks for the offer, I've sent you a PM.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
I am waiting on DayZ and suspect I will be for some time, I just bought Sim City and love it when the servers allow me! I also have just started playing Starcraft 2 as my laptop I had when it came out could barely run it, seems like an excellent game so far!

DayZ open Alpha should be out in a few months.

Warmzie

First thing i did was install my drives and win 7, then setup all my accounts (steam etc) and played through Tomb Raider :)