Sociable Soccer 24

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Seen this and feel nostalgic. It's made by some of the team that made Sensible Soccer & Sensible World of Soccer - two games that give me major nostalgia from being a kid, and it certainly seems to have a similar vibe. The game has an Ultimate Team-type mode involving gaining player cards, but not a single micro-transaction in sight as the main dev has been particularly scathing about EA's football series, so getting the cards is purely about how much time you play the game.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Seen this and feel nostalgic. It's made by some of the team that made Sensible Soccer & Sensible World of Soccer - two games that give me major nostalgia from being a kid, and it certainly seems to have a similar vibe. The game has an Ultimate Team-type mode involving gaining player cards, but not a single micro-transaction in sight as the main dev has been particularly scathing about EA's football series, so getting the cards is purely about how much time you play the game.

Sociable Soccer has been around for a little while but only on the mobile scene. That enough was cause for hesitation but I’m cautiously optimistic after seeing your message.

I’m golden as I’ve got the A500 Mini and the original Sensible World of Soccer is at my fingertips. I just need the classic Competition Pro joystick to make my life complete.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Sociable Soccer has been around for a little while but only on the mobile scene. That enough was cause for hesitation but I’m cautiously optimistic after seeing your message.

I’m golden as I’ve got the A500 Mini and the original Sensible World of Soccer is at my fingertips. I just need the classic Competition Pro joystick to make my life complete.
Yeah, it's only after I posted the thread that I saw it had been around a little while as a mobile game. I gave in to temptation as I figured 25 quid's not a bad price to pay and would say that's reasonably priced in today's gaming market.

The game is enjoyable, but I find the difficulty levels need tweaking. Easy is too easy, but the more difficult settings are a touch too hard for my liking - the joys of being disabled and having the reaction speed of a sloth on Valium!

There's the makings of a fun arcadey style football game that will keep me entertained for 5/10 minutes at a time going on for many years there, so I'm hoping there's a few patches to come from the game which only released yesterday on Steam.