Software for video editing

ellspeedy

Enthusiast
So me and some mates just came back from a holiday and i fancy trying to make a holiday video of all the pics+vids we got while out there.

Question is what is the best software for this? I would like to make the video in HD (720, or even 1080 if possible).

The_Doctor

windows movie maker would probably do everything you need. and besides sony vegas pro is around £500 lol. Well that's if you buy it legit of course.

But vegas pro is just awesome.

F3AR

I like to get all my software from thepiratebay, Somehow they give it to you for free?!?!??

ellspeedy

Enthusiast
Ok i decided to go with pinnacle studio, but am having a problem.
When ever i try to play a video in pinnacle the video is almost like it is in slow motion, while the audio is fine, resulting in the audio being out of sync and the audio finishing before the video does.

I have watched the videos in VLC and they are all fine, no problems, so it is definately an issue with pinnacle, any ideas how to solve it?
Thanks

ellspeedy

Enthusiast
Well my video is complete! And im very happy with my first video edit :D Like i said i used pinnacle studio and i solved the problem above by converting the video file into either avi or mp4 and it all went swimmingly!

One question. For the final scene i have a video of us jumping in the pool. I have synced it up with the last 'beat' of the backing music so that when we are all in mid jump above the pool it freezes as a picture in time with the beat. But what i really want is for there to be a light flash when the video freezes on the picture if that makes sense?
I have seen it on music videos and such but i cant think of an example video to describe it which is a pain! So if anyone has an example video of what i mean that would be great!

EDIT: ok just re-read my post and its a bit confusing so il try and explain a bit better.

Basicly the video is of me and some friends jumping into the swimming pool on holiday. I have a song as the backing music and iv timed it so that when we are all in the air, the song plays the last 'beat'. At this point i have the image frozen but i want there to be a flash just as the last beat of the song hits. In other words, when the song ends, the screen flashes and we are all in mid-jump above the pool, quite a fitting ending to the video i think?

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Basicly the video is of me and some friends jumping into the swimming pool on holiday. I have a song as the backing music and iv timed it so that when we are all in the air, the song plays the last 'beat'. At this point i have the image frozen but i want there to be a flash just as the last beat of the song hits. In other words, when the song ends, the screen flashes and we are all in mid-jump above the pool, quite a fitting ending to the video i think?

I know in Premiere Pro it's called 'Dip to white' - but I'm not sure in other programs, perhaps try looking for similar terminology in your video transition effects.

donsto

I know you posted your question back in January, but I only signed up to the forum today. I recommend PicturestoExe supplied by www.wnsoft.com It is very easy to use. If you have your pictures plus video clips all in the correct order then stage one to make a slide show takes just one click.