Some Questions

Bobert

I just got my laptop earlier today and I had a couple of questions if anyone could give me some advice.
The first is just a minor annoyance. Whenever I press Caps Lock, I get a popup that takes up the top corner of my screen and when it disappears it makes me stop typing.
The second is my touchpad makes my pointer on screen slide upwards when I have my figure on it without moving it.

They both nothing major to me but I was wondering if anyone knew how to stop both of these things?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I just got my laptop earlier today and I had a couple of questions if anyone could give me some advice.
The first is just a minor annoyance. Whenever I press Caps Lock, I get a popup that takes up the top corner of my screen and when it disappears it makes me stop typing.
The second is my touchpad makes my pointer on screen slide upwards when I have my figure on it without moving it.

They both nothing major to me but I was wondering if anyone knew how to stop both of these things?

The first is a function provided by the Hotkey driver. Hotkey usually install a system tray icon which brings up the Hotkey control panel. You may be able to turn that feature off from there. If not then you could even uninstall Hotkey. You'll lose some of the Fn key abilities (turning WLAN on/off for example) but that may be a price you're prepared to pay? Try it and see, it will do no harm and you can always reinstall Hotkey if you can't do without it.

The second problem sounds like you have not installed the dedicated touchpad driver and you're using the integrated Windows one. Check on the driver disk supplied by PCS for a touchpad driver and install it.

Cricky

Enthusiast
The issue you're having with CapsLock isn't something I have myself (the popup appears but has no impact) however I recall someone having a similar issue a while back. I'm not sure if they ever got it resolved, can't seem to find the post now. :(

Bobert

I installed the driver and it hasn't helped. The mouse only drifts when I click and have my finger still on the touchpad.