Some realtime rendering on my new computer

mikrea

Bronze Level Poster
I said I'd upload some images with render times on my new rig so here you go
I haven't bought the commercial version yet so I don't have any work 3d to show you atm, so this isn't any kind of showcase of my ability! Just random compilations of assets that come with the free version of Lumion and Google's 3d warehouse, and me messing around with weather settings! This is just an example of what can be achieved with a 3gb 580 and a free copy of Lumion!
Once I have stuff to show you of my own work I'll update this thread but I'm inpatient and want to show off render speeds ;)

Each image rendered in around 3 seconds
They all WERE 1920 x 1080 and 8mb but compressed and resized for upload

whalep.jpg

vlgt.jpg

sendtoian1.jpg

housesea.jpg

fffvv.jpg

ccty.jpg

aaaaals.jpg

aaajf.jpg

mike

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I still need to post some of my renders, got some from inventor, some from 3ds max and a few from showcase, althoguh im picky lol, wanna make sure they look perfect before i show people. Btw my two GTX 580's took just over an hour to do my latest render :) ive rendered in 5760 x 1080 to fit my desktop lol

mikrea

Bronze Level Poster
Frenchy what you use to render that big image? I'd love to see some renders of yours if you bake them that long, must be great stuff :)

To anyone else not into 3d so much id really recommend the free versions of sketchup and Lumion if you got a half decent gaming card. Nothing stopping you at producing epic images then!

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
3Ds Max for my big renders, using the mental ray renderer normally. The time taken is greatly increased by refractions and reflections really, plus caustics.

mikrea

Bronze Level Poster
Ah right. It's all worth it for photoreal stuff. I'm only using realtime so once I've bought a licence it'll save me a buckets of time making hi res videos. And I'm sure you know how much people earn per 3D walkthrough! It makes more sense for me to do it this way for now, maybe properly bake my stills.

djack

The work my brothers on atm takes him 2 days to render a frame of footage on his 12 core 48gig Dell pc in work.. Luckily he also has a renderfarm to send the shots to! :)

Last edited: