Something just died

I was using my pc as normal when my monitor (ViewSonic XG2703-GS 27-inch WQHD IPS Gaming Monitor with G-Sync (165Hz, 6.6ms, 1440p, HDMI, DisplayPort, 2x 2W Speakers) - Black/Green) suddenly went blank and the light at the bottom of it, which is normally white, turned yellow. The pc did not give any error beeps or do anything out of the ordinary, all the led lights on my mouse and keyboard remained normal.

I have unplugged the dvi cable and connected a hdmi cable and now it's working again. Am I correct in assuming this means my dvi cable is broken? Or maybe the dvi port on the graphics card or monitor?

I feel like this might seem like it's a case of "well duh of course its a broken cable/port" but I wanted to ask some people who know about this kinda stuff to be on the safe side.

Rakk

The Awesome
Am I correct in assuming this means my dvi cable is broken? Or maybe the dvi port on the graphics card or monitor?
Could be either, only way to tell is to try another working DVI cable to see if it was definitely the cable :)
Generally I'd expect it was the cable that had died though.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
From the symptoms you describe it would seem the monitor went into standby because it detected no video signal, so a duff cable would seem likely. It's certainly the simplest and cheapest first thing to change. :)

So I've just double checked before ordering and it's actually a display port cable not a dvi cable.

I got the new dp cable and that has not fixed the problem. Is there anything I can do without sending the pc off to determine if its the graphics card port or the monitor port that is broken?