sorry silly question about 2xmonitors on gpu

leea123

Enthusiast
Hi all at moment have main monitor on the dp of my 3080 , other monitor on the hdmi of the gpu . I want to use the monitor hdmi for console , so to free it up can i use another one of the dp on gpu for the other monitor , or do they have to be different output types from gpu for each monitor .?

Thank you

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all at moment have main monitor on the dp of my 3080 , other monitor on the hdmi of the gpu . I want to use the monitor hdmi for console , so to free it up can i use another one of the dp on gpu for the other monitor , or do they have to be different output types from gpu for each monitor .?

Thank you
You can use any of the output ports for any monitor or TV. DP is generally used for computer monitors, HDMI is usually for consoles, tv's and audio equipment.

leea123

Enthusiast
You can use any of the output ports for any monitor or TV. DP is generally used for computer monitors, HDMI is usually for consoles, tv's and audio equipment.
Thank you very much, just being extra safe, as pc just returned after very loud gpu , turned out it was a rubber gromit or something from the support bracket that got lodge in one of the fans

Thank you