Sound Blaster 6 - Nova

danhar827

Hey guys,

Can't seem to figure out how to get Sound Blaster running, got the drivers from the support page, but the app doesn't seem to exist.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey guys,

Can't seem to figure out how to get Sound Blaster running, got the drivers from the support page, but the app doesn't seem to exist.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers.
What do you mean the app doesn’t exist? It’s a driver overlay so won’t be listed in programs, it will be in running programs in the taskbar.

danhar827

Ah got you!

Previous laptop (MSI) had something that loaded on boot which drastically improved the laptop speakers, haven't noticed in on the Nova. Perhaps it's working as intended then, thanks!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ah got you!

Previous laptop (MSI) had something that loaded on boot which drastically improved the laptop speakers, haven't noticed in on the Nova. Perhaps it's working as intended then, thanks!
Like I said you should see the sound blaster icon in the task bar if it’s running correctly.

NorthDakota

Bronze Level Poster
@danhar827

I had the same issue. Turns out they didn't install the preinstalled hardware. The driver disc that came with the laptop I booted up my old Vortex IV (with Disk Drive) and checked it out. And loan be hold there is a 'preinstalled' folder in it there was Sound Blaster 6 Cinema. There is instructions in the folder of how to install it. I just copied the file on to a USB and installed it on the Nova. As the drivers page installs the basic driver component but not the software for some reason. When I asked PCS prior to my own fix they suggested that windows update may pick it up from the boot settings/command prompt thing that it does when running the batch file. All I know if I followed the preinstall instructions from the driver disk and it worked :) Next thing I know I searched Sound Blaster on my start menu and it appeared.

@SpyderTracks
Do you happen to know the temps for a Ryzen 9 3900x (You helped me buy the Nova):
In performance mode it is idling at 65-75degree, silent drops to 50-60. If I manually go into Ryzen Master and undervolt it manually to 1.1/1.15 volts it drops to a normal idling at 40-50degrees.

Also I can confirm when in performance mode you can play Hitman 2 on full Ultra settings, for some reason playing on lower setting reduces the frame rate (default settings). On full ultra you get 92 FPS. On partial you can get over 100 FPS.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
@danhar827

I had the same issue. Turns out they didn't install the preinstalled hardware. The driver disc that came with the laptop I booted up my old Vortex IV (with Disk Drive) and checked it out. And loan be hold there is a 'preinstalled' folder in it there was Sound Blaster 6 Cinema. There is instructions in the folder of how to install it. I just copied the file on to a USB and installed it on the Nova. As the drivers page installs the basic driver component but not the software for some reason. When I asked PCS prior to my own fix they suggested that windows update may pick it up from the boot settings/command prompt thing that it does when running the batch file. All I know if I followed the preinstall instructions from the driver disk and it worked :) Next thing I know I searched Sound Blaster on my start menu and it appeared.

@SpyderTracks
Do you happen to know the temps for a Ryzen 9 3900x (You helped me buy the Nova):
In performance mode it is idling at 65-75degree, silent drops to 50-60. If I manually go into Ryzen Master and undervolt it manually to 1.1/1.15 volts it drops to a normal idling at 40-50degrees.

Also I can confirm when in performance mode you can play Hitman 2 on full Ultra settings, for some reason playing on lower setting reduces the frame rate (default settings). On full ultra you get 92 FPS. On partial you can get over 100 FPS.
You’ll need to start you’re own thread for your own advice, please don’t hijack other peoples.

danhar827

Thanks @NorthDakota, I took a look on the disc but I could only see the same sort of files that were on my drivers download page, maybe I didn't look close enough!!

How are you finding the PC so far?

I read somewhere on here that someone repasted it straight away and it helped quite a bit, might try that myself!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks @NorthDakota, I took a look on the disc but I could only see the same sort of files that were on my drivers download page, maybe I didn't look close enough!!

How are you finding the PC so far?

I read somewhere on here that someone repasted it straight away and it helped quite a bit, might try that myself!
There's a bit more in depth on how he installed it in the first review here: