Sound card problem, help please!

Lee123

Bronze Level Poster
Hello everyone,

First of it isnt so much a problem as my soundcard works fine, more of advice really, as im not that computer literate.

I recently purchased some Logitech Z506 speakers for my computer, not from PCS but from Argos. (Got £200 of the taxman!). And anyway I cant seem to get them to work on my computer (from PCS), now I beleive it is because I dont have a Orange Jack for my subwoof? thing. When they were plugged in, I went to the sound manager in the control panel and could see the speakers giving stuff off with the green bars, but no sound.

I have the ''Asus Xonar DG 5.1 SoundCard & Headphone AMP *Award Winner* £20''. On the PCS website I tried creating a PC setup using that and selecting the speakers from the list but no warning message about that comes up, so might just be me?

Basically, what i would like to know is..

If I need to replace my soundcard, could someone possibly advise which one?
Is it possible to buy one straight from PCS? As I would like the technical cover etc.

One last thing, it also seems that my headset no longer works either, so I must of changed something in that Audio Manager, any help would be greatly appreciated, unlimited clicks on rep also on offer! :shifty:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Hello everyone,

First of it isnt so much a problem as my soundcard works fine, more of advice really, as im not that computer literate.

I recently purchased some Logitech Z506 speakers for my computer, not from PCS but from Argos. (Got £200 of the taxman!). And anyway I cant seem to get them to work on my computer (from PCS), now I beleive it is because I dont have a Orange Jack for my subwoof? thing. When they were plugged in, I went to the sound manager in the control panel and could see the speakers giving stuff off with the green bars, but no sound.

I have the ''Asus Xonar DG 5.1 SoundCard & Headphone AMP *Award Winner* £20''. On the PCS website I tried creating a PC setup using that and selecting the speakers from the list but no warning message about that comes up, so might just be me?

Basically, what i would like to know is..

If I need to replace my soundcard, could someone possibly advise which one?
Is it possible to buy one straight from PCS? As I would like the technical cover etc.

One last thing, it also seems that my headset no longer works either, so I must of changed something in that Audio Manager, any help would be greatly appreciated, unlimited clicks on rep also on offer! :shifty:

I had a similar problem with the Xonar (no sound) and I just re-install the drivers with the CD included in your welcome pack, the sound then came back on both speakers and headset.

Lee123

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Rubensolo, thanks alot for the advice. I have had another play round in the sound settings and now have my headset working again. I have also got my subwoofer working and the two front speakers.

However nothing is coming out of the centre and rear two speakers, though if I put my ear next to them you can hear them working.

Any tips? :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
My issues started when I started playing around the sound settings :eek: thus the need to reinstall the drivers. I'd advice you to try that first if you haven't.

Corfate

Author Level
Have you had a play about in the Xonar Control center? This is what my headset is configured as, i'd presume it'd be the same setup for your speakers..?

headphones.png

headset2.png

Lee123

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Corfate. I have just tried going through Xonar Control Center, selected 5.1 but still nothing. I did a test by clicking on each speaker, and the voice comes out of the ones not playing anything. (Center etc).

Might have to give PCS a ring tommorow and see if they can offer any advice.

Thanks alot for the replies chaps.

Corfate

Author Level
You sure that they're in the right jacks?

Sorry we can't be of anymore help :p I gave PCS a ring today as the mic port on my soundcard is faulty, getting a new one shipped out tomorrow :)