Sound Card Question

Sidmouth

Silver Level Poster
I have an ASUS Xonar DGX sound card and was considering a new headset while gaming. I have two questions regarding the sound card.

The first question is, is it possible to have your headset and your 2.1 speaker set-up connected to the sound card at the same time?

And the second question is what sound source would be powering the headphone and mic jacks on the front of the 'CM Storm Trooper' case, the ASUS card or the onboard sound?

Thanks.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
I have an ASUS Xonar DGX sound card and was considering a new headset while gaming. I have two questions regarding the sound card.

The first question is, is it possible to have your headset and your 2.1 speaker set-up connected to the sound card at the same time?

And the second question is what sound source would be powering the headphone and mic jacks on the front of the 'CM Storm Trooper' case, the ASUS card or the onboard sound?

Thanks.

1) I'm not sure actually.
2) Unless you connect the front panel connector to the 'front panel' port on your sound card, the sound will come from your motherboard audio.