soundbar

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Morning all,
Looking for a way of enhancing sound from my tv as well as providing sound for a computer. Anyone uses a soundbar? would it be possible to connect a soundbar to both a tv and a computer? any suggestions on which one to get?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Morning all,
Looking for a way of enhancing sound from my tv as well as providing sound for a computer. Anyone uses a soundbar? would it be possible to connect a soundbar to both a tv and a computer? any suggestions on which one to get?

I haven't actually got one, but spent quite a bit of time researching them for a friend and we settled on a SoundBase rather than a soundbar, difference is a soundbar is really designed as an addition to a 5.1 or 7.1 setup as a central speaker and can often miss out on the lower end bass response. A SoundBase is a bit bulkier but has overall better sound.

The one we went for for him was the Sony HT-XT3. It's good value for what it is and beat any soundbar within it's price range. It wasn't until you got up to the £1000 plus pricepoint that the soundbars came close. It's got 3 HDMI ports I believe as well as hi def bluetooth so you're well catered for PC/Consoles etc.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-entertainment/soundbars/1404104/sony-ht-xt3-review

There's a really good overall recommendation list here http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-...est-soundbars-2016-top-picks-and-buying-guide

Edit: if you've got a decent PC world in your area, they have a pretty good demo selection, worth going along to hear the differences.

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
it is definitely bulkier and don't think it can't support a 65" tv :) I assume I could connect it to the computer directly via hdmi?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
it is definitely bulkier and don't think it can't support a 65" tv :) I assume I could connect it to the computer directly via hdmi?

65"! Cor! Well it says "The HT-XT3 is able to support up to 50kg or 65in TVs, but due to the height, you're not going to be able to use it with larger televisions, which typically have two separate feet at either end for support rather than a central pedestal". My mates is only a 45" so has no problems.

Regarding the PC via HDMI, yeah, it's a straight passthrough connector.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
it has a stand in the middle, can't find the 50kg support info on the manufacturers website, not that I doubt you but just want to be certain it won't collapse :)
UE65HU8500_1.jpg