Spare Power charger - Optimus XI Pro

Bhuna50

Author Level
First of all, I must say I have no issues at all with the laptop so far and its been brilliant - yes I know I still have to write a balanced review for you all - Im just a little bogged under and by the time I finish in the day, I just want to build or shoot things or fly...umm ok crash a plane.

My one and only issue is the spare charger and I dont really want to RMA it over a few millimetres so am asking advice please. As you can see in the picture, the top charger bit that plugs into the back of the laptop is slightly longer than the bottom one - the top one came with the laptop, the bottom is the spare. I fully understand that they are different makes, because the one comes boxed with the laptop. However, because the spare one is slightly shorter, it does not sit properly in the back of the laptop - it can just about connect to charge, but everytime I move / adjust my workspace it falls out the back.

I have two workspace areas, hence two chargers needed and I dont want to keep carrying around the charger hence bought a spare.

My question is - can I do anything about this - is there a female to male extension that will then have a longer male part to it or if I RMAd it and got one in exchange could that one be longer and connect properly?

Please note it is not the laptop - the laptop casing and board is set properly as the one that came with the laptop plugs in absolutely fine.

Advice please and thanks in advance. My spec is in my signature if thats needed to confirm Im a customer.
1606558091230.png

Cheers

Andy.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Where did you get the spare from? If from PCS then it's the wrong one, it should be exactly the same model that came with the laptop, you would need to return it and get a correct one.

Bhuna50

Author Level
It was added to the order from PCS.

I will get in touch with them then - thanks.

I assumed that spare ones were different supply as the ones are dedicated to come with the laptop - I had two different ones with the Defiance I used to have.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Where did you get the spare charger from, i'm guessing not PCS, in which case I'd return it and order one from PCS via the spares section on the main site

Bhuna50

Author Level
Where did you get the spare from? If from PCS then it's the wrong one, it should be exactly the same model that came with the laptop, you would need to return it and get a correct one.

Are you sure it should be exactly the same model as came with the laptop?

I RMA'd the last one shown in the picture and they have only gone and sent me exactly the same type back which still has the shorter pin?

I will test it over the weekend to see if it connects better but Im not holding my breath and I guess another RMA next week.