Speaker Recommendation

BT81

Enthusiast
After some speakers

I am considering a Bluetooth soundbar such as a Sony SF200 - £150. It looks pretty compact, so can fit it behind my monitor Looking at traditional Bluetooth speakers, even the smaller ones are too big for my desk.

Any other recommendations up to £150?

Don Coyote

After some speakers

I am considering a Bluetooth soundbar such as a Sony SF200 - £150. It looks pretty compact, so can fit it behind my monitor Looking at traditional Bluetooth speakers, even the smaller ones are too big for my desk.

Any other recommendations up to £150?
If space is tight then this will fit and the sound is superb: Bose Soundlink Mini II Special Edition.

BT81

Enthusiast
Cheers for the recommendations. Think I may move towards more normal , but hopefully small speakers. I have a little speaker much like the two mentioned. It’s great, but because it’s so central and small, doesn’t give that. Spatial sound for a tradition 2.0 set up.
ive seen some creative and Logitech ones in price range

I do have my noise cancelling Sony Headphones, however strangely the ‘gaming sound’ isn’t brilliant ?

Cobblers

Enthusiast
How about Boom Speakers?

I've got one of these and I can not speak highly enough about them... the sound quality is superb, it's water proof, charges quickly, has a 15 hour battery life, is very easy to link up to via Bluetooth and oh boy is it loud... this thing is like having an old style stereo system in something the size and shape of 1.5 coke cans.

The bass is superb... with a real thud. Everything sounds great, even at high volume.

100% worth a look at. There are loads of different models and colours.

BT81

Enthusiast
Thats pretty much what I used today :) I have a smaller UE boombox, similar style to the Bose one mentioned earlier. It's great, but I using that makes me think. Actually just having x2 small speakers wired is probably 'better' ? I see Creative do some called the T20 and there are a couple of logitech ones (although some have a sub, which I have zero zero space for)
Or of course, Bose Companion Series iiii

Cobblers

Enthusiast
Hmm I'm not sure quality would be better if wired or not... I think it all comes down to quality of the speaker.

But jeez bose are known to create a quality sound so I'd not hesitate to going them.

BT81

Enthusiast
Hmm I'm not sure quality would be better if wired or not... I think it all comes down to quality of the speaker.

But jeez bose are known to create a quality sound so I'd not hesitate to going them.
Yeah, think i'll get the bose companion series iii. £90. There'll do the job and be an upgrade on my monitor speakers!

Cobblers

Enthusiast
Yeah they aren't bad at all and good for the money.

So I thought you were on about speakers in general and not gaming... my suggestion wasn't what I would have come up with otherwise :)

BT81

Enthusiast
Yeah they aren't bad at all and good for the money.

So I thought you were on about speakers in general and not gaming... my suggestion wasn't what I would have come up with otherwise :)
In fairness, I don't write the most concise messages on here. But yep, for gaming, and general day to day computer sounds

Cobblers

Enthusiast
They look really nice, traditional hiking looking almost, not that is a bad thing.

42w will kick the sound out too! Have to do a review on them once enough time has passed.

BT81

Enthusiast
They look really nice, traditional hiking looking almost, not that is a bad thing.

42w will kick the sound out too! Have to do a review on them once enough time has passed.
Just started playing The Medium, a good scary game plus quality sound = me playing for about 2 minutes before the frights get too much hahaha

Cobblers

Enthusiast
I love those games... these days I get it more from the deserted space station style games with the "personnel logs" as it always add a level of realism that freaks me out somewhat.

I will be trying out The Medium though, looks superb and very atmospheric.

BT81

Enthusiast
Certainly better than the monitor speakers!
I have just ordered a 3m long optical cable, as the one in the box is too short (hence the PC bring boring face sided), rather than the pretty lights...)
But £119.99 + £6.99 for the cable - Bluetooth as well. Pretty happy